🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can someone review my profile
Page options
n_tatli
Community Member

Can someone review my profile

Hello Upworkers!

I am a newbie to Upwork and I have submitted 50 proposals to date. I didn't receive any offer to work. There are many Jobs that I can execute but not getting an opportunity even though I have relevant qualifications, experience, Skills, and professional degrees.

Am I doing something wrong? If so, what can I do to further improve my profile and increase my chances of landing that first job?

Thanks and Best regards

NAMIR TATLI

1 REPLY 1
kinector
Community Member

Namir, your profile is not visible to others so it is somewhat impossible to give you any specific advice.

That being said, what most new Upworkers tend to do is describe a very wide range of skills and services.

Over here, it's the expert that lands the good gigs. Pick a very narrow niche and make sure your keywords reflect that niche.

Another common shortcoming is that the freelancer profile only describes the freelancer him/herself. Write it for the target clients in a way that they recognize themselves and think "hey that's me, this freelancer specializes in helping people in my present situation!!"

Nail those two and you'll see magic happen.

How exactly you nail those two is art, unfortunately.

My own profile had exactly one keyword, one skill, one core message for the first THREE years. I got all the best gigs and came to nearly "own" my niche. Later I've changed my niche several times. Choose your niche carefully. 😉
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members