🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can someone tell me why I lost my top rated s...
Page options
iamelizabeth
Community Member

Can someone tell me why I lost my top rated status?

My job success score is still 100%. However, my Top Rated badge is gone.

I am also being prompted to create a specialized profile and I haven't done it. Well, that's not entirely true. I created a specialized profile and then deleted it...because I didn't think it was necessary. Could doing that have caused my Top Rated badge to disappear?

Thank you in advance 🙂

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you temporarily lost your Top Rated badge due to your profile change. Please wait 24 hours from this change and your Top Rated badge should reappear again. If it doesn't, please don't hesitate to reach out to us and we'll be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
nahidrajbd
Community Member

Mine has been gone this morning too. They sent an email regarding some reason. I am already 100% score holder and I have a premium membership plan activated.

hodgesh
Community Member

Elizabeth H wrote:

I created a specialized profile and then deleted it...because I didn't think it was necessary. Could doing that have caused my Top Rated badge to disappear?

Not unless Upwork has a serious new bug.

Have you checked the list of qualifications for being Top Rated?

hardorff
Community Member

Requirements:

1. A current Job Success Score of 90% or higher
  2. First hire on Upwork was more than 90 days ago
  3. Maintained Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks
  4. A 100% complete profile  (90% for those who brought their profiles over from Elance)
  5. 12-month earnings of at least $1,000
  6. Up-to-date availability (if unavailable now, set a date estimate)
  7. An account in good standing with no recent account holds
  8. Activity on the platform (proposal, accepted invitation, or earnings) in the past 90 days

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068468-Become-Top-Rated

Yeah...I fulfill those requirements.

Elizabeth H wrote:

Yeah...I fulfill those requirements.

Then you should file a support ticket.

Hi Elizabeth,

I'll check this with our team and get back to you once we have more information.

We appreciate your patience while we look into this.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm wondering if this happened because I removed my employment history. I didn't think it was that important...so I deleted it.  

I've added it back again now. Let's see what happens.

Elizabeth H wrote:

I'm wondering if this happened because I removed my employment history. I didn't think it was that important...so I deleted it.  

Did that drop your profile completeness below 100%? That would do it...

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you temporarily lost your Top Rated badge due to your profile change. Please wait 24 hours from this change and your Top Rated badge should reappear again. If it doesn't, please don't hesitate to reach out to us and we'll be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I just got my rating dropped at 89% from 94% for no reason really. And weird thing i still have my top rated badge.

Anyway this is really frustrating. I conclude 5 contract with great success and great relationships, i keep getting interviews more and more, and suddenly the rating is dropped by massive 5% but when i complete 3 contracts with full stars, not 1% change on better.

UpWork need to sort this out and create a better and more more realistic rating scoring system or at least some that will allow us to be more productive. This is not logical the least.

Hi Aleksandar,

My Upwork account recently got restricted and i lost my top rated badge. Now my account has been restored but no sign of my badge. Will this ever get restored?

Hi Iwuji,

Once you meet the criteria listed here, the badge will be added to your profile automatically. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members