1 of 6

Along with a laundry list of unthinkably annoying feature subtractions:

why can't I contact former clients?

Why can we only attach one file?!?!?

Where do I go to view my earnings???

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 6

Hi Drew,

You are able to contact clients you previously worked with on Upwork. If you migrated from Elance, your Elance clients will easily be able to find you and re-hire you on Upwork.

Currently, the number of attachements is limited to one. However, this is something we have shared with the team and will consider in the future.

You can view your Upwork earnings in your Reports tab.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Cathleen C Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
3 of 6

You are able to contact clients you previously worked with on Upwork. If you migrated from Elance, your Elance clients will easily be able to find you and re-hire you on Upwork.

Upwork has relegated freelancers to minions by taking away the ability to help their clients by doing things such as adding milestones, changing jobs from hourly to fixed price, and this one...as a freelancer, you can't go look up the client you have built a relationship with for years...you have to wait for THEM to contact YOU.

If clients don't want to be bothered by freelancers, why do they even bother to post jobs here? I totally understand me not being able to search for ANY client. But I certainly should be able to search for my previous clients (that Elance is MAKING migrate to Upwork) that I have done business with in the past.

Just another ridiculous "feature."

Drew B Member Since: Oct 12, 2015
4 of 6

If the Upwork tech offices aren't flooded with too many work ticekts, please add yet another that "Waiting for them to find us" is illogical, poorly thought out and generally insulting. Insulting that every hard earned job, every 5 star review,  every recommendation has lead to nothing. Every seriously impressed client has to navigate backwards through YEARS of completed/closed jobs to FIND ME.

Instead, they'll likely do what the rest seem to be doing. Moving on to **Edited for Community Guidelines** etc.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 6

Hi Drew,

No need to navigate backwards, your clients can easily find your Upwork ID and profile in the carousel for rehire.

When clients migrate to Upwork they have a carousel with images and overviews of their Elance freelancers. If a freelancer is already on Upwork they can directly hire them for a job.

Community Leader
Charlie E Member Since: Aug 2, 2015
6 of 6

In the future, it may be worthwhile to ensure that you have an alternative method of communication with your freelancer/client. 

Upwork's decisions are becoming more erratic and unpredictable, so you can really rely on their platform alone. 

Aside from this, the message system does not work, so it is better to use Skype or email anyway. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS