🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't Download Desktop App on Macbook
Page options
jakedieball
Community Member

Can't Download Desktop App on Macbook

For some reason I cannot download the desktop app on my macbook. When I click the download button from the download page, the upwork file goes into my download bar. When I try to open the file, it loads, finishes, then disappears without saying anything. I have tried everything in the troubleshooting guide but don't have the option to "Allow apps downloaded from anywhere". Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

7 REPLIES 7
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jake, 

Is the issue not being able to install the app because it's downloaded from the internet? Could you please check your Security & Privacy Settings (System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Click the lock to make changes > Allow apps downloaded from > and select App store to see if the issue perists?

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

I have tried with both Allow Apps Downloaded from "App Store" and "App Store and Identified Developers." They both end in the same result. The item goes into my chrome download bar at the bottom of the screen, then when I try opening it, the application begins loading and when the status bar completes loading nothing happens.

Thanks for letting me know, Jake. 

Have you tired checking your downloads folder and see if you can intiate the installation by clicking on the DMG file from there? Also, could you please share the app version that you are trying to download, as well as your Mac's OS so that I can look into this further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I have tried the suggested with no success. I am using this link - https://www.upwork.com/ab/downloads/os/mac/ - to download Upwork onto my MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Hi Jake, 

I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you to you directly to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
fd18297b
Community Member

Hi 
I have the same issue and tried all the steps listed above. Could you please help me?

Hi Marine,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members