🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't Edit my Account Email Address
Page options
tusanz

Can't Edit my Account Email Address

Actually it's not personal information. It's my email address. Currently my upwork account is associated with this email address "abcd@gmail.com" whereas I wanted to change it couple of weeks before to "xyz@gmail.com". Both are my accounts. But I don't use the first one usually.
Now the problem is when I try to change it from "abcd@gmail.com" to "xyz@gmail.com" . Upwork system gives me error "This email is already in use".
Yet when I think of disabling the already associated account with xyz@gmail.com ( which I had created before other than this one ). Neither I could sign in nor i could recover it.
I think my account xyz@gmail is disabled ( I had disabled it long before ). But account id is still associated with it.
Kindly resolve this issue. Because xyz@gmail.com is my primary account and more secure. I use it everywhere and can access it on my mobile.
Hope you understand my problem.
Looking forward to you reply.
Regards Zeeshan Faiz

11 REPLIES 11
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Zeeshan,

Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with both emails?

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria!

I'm having the same problem. Can you help me as well?

Regards,

Anna

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anna Graziella,

In case you have two accounts, please follow the steps Valeria shared above and provide your account information.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vladimir!

Understood. I will do that.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Anna

Hi Anna,

Thanks for sending the details to me via PM. Could you please try changing your email address again and let me know if it still doesn't work?

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi, 

I have the same problem. Can you please guide how I can edit my upwork Gmail account so that In future if there is any problem occurs I can resolve it. 

Because Gmail is very important for upwork any information regarding is come in our Gmail account. 

Please help me with this.

Regards,

Sanjna

Hi Anita,

Please follow the steps described here for changing settings on your account, including email address.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Done

Zeeshan, could you please try and update your email now?

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello
I want to change the email address of my Upwork account. What is the procedure of changing email address of Upwork account. 

Looking forward your reply

thanks

Hi Muhammad,

You can change your email address by going to Settings > clicking the Edit button in the Account section on the Contact Info page > entering the new email and confirming by clicking the Update button. You'll receive an email notification afterwards on the new email address, with a confirmation link.

~ Vladimir
Upwork