🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't Submit A Proposal
Page options
bdhire
Community Member

Can't Submit A Proposal

Hi

I have enough connects but when I press submit proposal all that it does is send me on another page where it just keeps on loading and then nothing happens.

Is there something I can do to fix this?

NOTE: I have created an agency profile and connect my freelancer profile to the agency. 

Kind Regards

Abul

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abul,

I checked and can confirm that your account was already approved. 

It looks like you set yourself to be an exclusive member of your agency. As an exclusive member, you can only use the agency's membership plan and you have no Connects there or the Agency Plus membership that would allow you to buy Connects in the first place.

Right now, when you try to submit proposals, it's only letting you submit as an agency member. You need to upgrade your agency membership following the steps in the article I shared or switch your status from Exclusive to Non-Exclusive. If you switch the status, you can choose if you want to submit a proposal as an agency freelancer or not. 

To update your status, switch to your agency profile and go to Settings > Members & Permissions. On the page, you should be able to see a link saying 'Exclusive'. Click on it and a popup will open. From there, you can update the status by selecting 'Non-Exclusive'.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
bdhire
Community Member

Hello,

I was at Elance.com and provided some freelance service from there. After the accounts migrated to Upwork, I have not provided any services. I have re-prepared my profile here and tried to send some proposal but faced some issues. Is my account all good/approved?

Please help.

Kind regards
Abul

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abul,

I checked and can confirm that your account was already approved. 

It looks like you set yourself to be an exclusive member of your agency. As an exclusive member, you can only use the agency's membership plan and you have no Connects there or the Agency Plus membership that would allow you to buy Connects in the first place.

Right now, when you try to submit proposals, it's only letting you submit as an agency member. You need to upgrade your agency membership following the steps in the article I shared or switch your status from Exclusive to Non-Exclusive. If you switch the status, you can choose if you want to submit a proposal as an agency freelancer or not. 

To update your status, switch to your agency profile and go to Settings > Members & Permissions. On the page, you should be able to see a link saying 'Exclusive'. Click on it and a popup will open. From there, you can update the status by selecting 'Non-Exclusive'.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you

Hi Abul,

You're quite welcome! Additionally, one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket in order to investigate the loading issue you mentioned earlier.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi ....

I have been asked to submit a proposal for '**Edited for Community Guidelines**'. The feature 'submit proposal' is greyed out. I have plenty of connect tokens. Would you please provide help - Thank you

Hi Stephen,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your interview. In the meantime, you can also try to log in via another browser to accept the invitation for the interview. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi I happen to face this problem: I cannot make a proposal for this job https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~0181775dc78687bf2f

Every time I clicked on the "submit proposal" button, it refreshed and directed to the original brief page. Could you help me check what is wrong?

hoangle92
Community Member

Hi I'm facing the same problem, but I'm not any agency member. Wonder how to deal with it

Hi Hoang,

Thank you for your message.  I will have our support team contact you for further assistance.    

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
khalil2015
Community Member

I am having the same issue now!

Hi Khalil and Robert,

Thank you for your message. Could you please tell us more about the issue or error message you get while trying to apply for jobs?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
anima9
Community Member

Same. I also can't apply.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members