cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Submit Proposals

amberram
Amber J Member Since: Aug 5, 2017
1 of 81

HI! I'm Amber and I seem to be having a hard time submitting a proposal or any proposals on upwork right now. I've looked around and it seems I'm the only one having this problem right now. 

To explain the process, I see a job I like, and go to click the "Submit a Proposal" button and the site loads, but nothing happens. It just loads and brings me back to the job listing, with no pop up.

I dont think I have pop ups blocked, and I've tried logging in and out and nothing seems to be working. I tried it on a different web browser to be sure firefox wasnt just acting up but nothing's worked. 

Oddly the only thing that changes in the url is an underscore and a forward slash is removed. 

Before I click "Submit a Proposal" ;

https://www.upwork.com/jobs/_~01b8edac23bb75e302/

After I click "Submit a Proposal" ;

https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~01b8edac23bb75e302

Can someone help me?

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 81

Amber, you could try these workarounds, they sometimes work:

1. use a different browser
  2. use an icognito window (chrome), private window (safari or firefox)
  3. empty cache & cookies and restart browser, or maybe visiting this link will suffice: http://upwork.com/clearcookies
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 81

Can you try again, Amber, and let me know if the issue persists?

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

amberram
Amber J Member Since: Aug 5, 2017
4 of 81

Oh! Its working now! I don't know what you did, but thank you! Smiley Very Happy

chakraborty_sara
Sarashi C Member Since: Jun 1, 2018
5 of 81
Hi my name is Sarashi Chakraborty and Have recently registered with Upwork. But I am unable to submit proposal to a job link.. Please help. Quick response is appriciated.
d63f9e2c
Udvika L Member Since: Mar 5, 2021
6 of 81

Hi there,

I apear to have the same issue. I am unable to submit a proposal, despite having completed the essential 60%. My profile completion % is 40% and I am asked to complete my profile in order to submit a proposal. I have done what was suggested, but still no increase in completion %. 

Please help.

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
7 of 81

Hi Udvika,

You can check out this help article for some tips on how to get your profile to 100% complete!

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
0d5e7fc7
Shah L Member Since: Jun 9, 2021
8 of 81

I am getting the button to disable while submitting a proposal? please help.Screenshot (1).png

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
9 of 81

Hi Shah,

I checked and it looks like you already were in communication with the team on this support ticket. Kindly refer to the same ticket and follow up on the link to start the requested verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
alaa53
Alaa M Member Since: Jul 14, 2018
10 of 81
Can you help me too?
Please ❤
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS