🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't accept offer from Enterprise client, de...
Page options
wendy_demongey
Community Member

Can't accept offer from Enterprise client, deadline will be pass by the time Upwork approves me ~:(

An Enterprise client has made me an offer with a deadline of Monday/Tuesday Singapore time. But surprise! ...I cannot accept it because Upwork needs to review my business information first, which the FAQ says can take up to 2 business days. Well it's Saturday am here now, so that's Tuesday EST (Wed Singapore time) so I probably just lost an incredibly lucrative client.

It is a HUGE global brand we all have products of in our home and I am pretty angry right now. It's hard enough to get decent clients on here and as soon as you do get one to bite, you're prevented from accepting their contract for up to 4 days...great.

Required proof of business info should have been reviewed earlier, not once a potential Enterprise client sends an offer. I've applied to an Enterprise client before, it should've been addressed then?

Frustrated...

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lysis10
Community Member

If you're talking to a large enterprise client, you're probably talking to someone working for Upwork that handles the project, so I wouldn't worry about it. Talk to that person because they can nudge whoever does the paperwork review. I wouldn't worry about the deadline. It's not your fault and they know that. 

Last enterprise client I worked with took two weeks for review. I believe the deadline was missed too. You're not talking to the actual client normally, so they know the deadline is missed on their end.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
filip_knezevic
Community Member

Ouch.

lexidh
Community Member

That is so sad. I hope you are complaining to support, on top of this post (not sure this will reach the right people). As freelancers we are expected to be available all the time, but our platform is definitely not any help outside their business hours. 

I'm hoping this will all work out ok. I try to be optimistic. I didn't expect this. I agree that if Upwork is open for business 24/7 but delays contracts in this manner for days on end well, they should know the speed of business moves much faster than that now, and competition for these jobs is fierce. Stumbling blocks help no one.

lysis10
Community Member

If you're talking to a large enterprise client, you're probably talking to someone working for Upwork that handles the project, so I wouldn't worry about it. Talk to that person because they can nudge whoever does the paperwork review. I wouldn't worry about the deadline. It's not your fault and they know that. 

Last enterprise client I worked with took two weeks for review. I believe the deadline was missed too. You're not talking to the actual client normally, so they know the deadline is missed on their end.

Jennifer, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply with some much needed advice. I'm still new to Upwork so I'm never quite sure if all will be well or not when things don't go as anticipated. Hoping for the best!

Both myself and the client received a message from the reviewer saying there were requirements to meet before the contract could be accepted. I'm pretty sure they've dealt with this before. I'll try to speak with reviewer on Monday to get it worked out.

Cheers again - thank you! 🙂

Hi Wendy,

I apologise for not getting back to you yesterday, as I needed to check this with the team. Looks like they've already responded. Yey. Let me know if anything comes up. 

~ Riri

Thank you Riri 🙂

I just want to update that Upwork approved me first thing Monday morning, I accepted the contract and all is well! Thank you again! ❤️

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wendy,

We apologize for the delay in getting a response to you. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you Aleksandar! 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths