cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't accept or decline an interview invitation

nosfy
Nikola R Member Since: Jul 3, 2017
1 of 8

Hi! I've got this morning an interview invitation for a job that got closed before I had a chance to react to it - somebody was already hired before I saw an invitation. Now I am unable to Decline or Accept it, and yet, the invitation is affecting my Responsiveness stat, showing that I didn't answer it. Is this a bug and can this lead to losing my Top Rated status?

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 8

Hi Nicola, 

Are you referring to the job post that was closed 16 hours ago (Find Work > Proposals > Archived)? If so, the reason why you are unable to decline or accept the interview is because the job was closed. I can confirm that this will not affect your response time.

~ Avery
Upwork
nosfy
Nikola R Member Since: Jul 3, 2017
3 of 8

Hi Avery,

Yes, that's the job I'm referring to. Thanks for the quick reply and for clarifying this.

jordanthekid
Jordan G Member Since: Sep 12, 2020
4 of 8

I'm experiencing a similar issue, only I'm not even sure if the job was hired for or not. I have received 2 interview invites this week, both of which do not have the "accept interview", "decline interview" or "refer a freelancer" buttons at all - anywhere on the page! One of them I received last night and was on my computer to check it right away (I clicked the desktop notification to go directly to it) and this happened.

I am still able to apply to jobs normally and submit proposals. 

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
5 of 8

Hi Jordan,

Just to confirm, did you try to clear your cache and cookies or log in via another browser to respond to the invitations? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jordanthekid
6 of 8

Hi Goran,

I just cleaned my cache / cookies, I have already tried using chrome, firefox and edge, plus I've checked on mobile using the chrome, firefox and samsung internet apps, and still the problem persists.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 8

Thank you for the follow up, Jordan.

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further.

~ Goran
Upwork
jordanthekid
8 of 8

Thank you very much Goran!

You were so prompt and answered almost instantly. This is my first experience with Upwork support and I am very impressed!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS