🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't access features in settings
Page options
26ed3eff
Community Member

Can't access features in settings

Hi there!
I am relatively new in upwork: I was trying to click contact info, tax information, profile setting, get paid from the settings option. But seems liek they are not responding. What's the issue?

Also I wanted to verify my account, already added a billing method but found no verification process.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Ahnaf T wrote:

Also I wanted to verify my account, already added a billing method but found no verification process.

If you've never received any payments, the "get paid" section is no use to you. Also, Upwork do not ID verify freelancers who haven't earned anything. ID verification costs money and the vast majority of new freelancers never win a job or earn a Dollar, so there is no point verifying their ID.

If you win a job and get paid, you'll get to verify your ID. Until such a time there is no point bothering with tax info etc either.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Ahnaf T wrote:

If you've never received any payments, the "get paid" section is no use to you. Also, Upwork do not ID verify freelancers who haven't earned anything. ID verification costs money and the vast majority of new freelancers never win a job or earn a Dollar, so there is no point verifying their ID.

If you win a job and get paid, you'll get to verify your ID. Until such a time there is no point bothering with tax info etc either.

26ed3eff
Community Member

Got you. Thanks!

sellesalvador
Community Member

I was also trying to access the "get paid" button and it always ask for the confirmation but I haven't received any code on my email. I am already a verified user and was currently working with a contract so I really need this so I can get paid.

Hi Roselle,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members