🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't access my Upwork portfolio - keeps aski...
Page options
albay2k
Community Member

Can't access my Upwork portfolio - keeps asking to 'submit profile'

Everytime I log in, it keeps on asking me to 'submit profile' as if I'm new to Upwork. My entire portfolio is missing along with the page menus. I need to hard code the URL to get to Message page. Hard coding the Find work URL keeps on redirecting me Create profile page, same with hard coding my profile URL (I saved my profile URL before). 

albay2k_0-1642039557557.png

The Upwork mobile app is locked in Create Profile page: 

albay2k_2-1642040737766.png

I've submitted a ticket already and they've provided the usual work around (ie. clear cache/cookies, use different browsers, go incognito, click upwork clear cache link, and others) but it didn't fix the issue. It's been 4 days and no resolution yet. 

Making the matters worse, a new client just informed me that she can't find my profile anymore. 

albay2k_1-1642040068312.png

Will this also affect the release of payment of my current clients? 

12 REPLIES 12
albay2k
Community Member

Same with mine. I've submitted a ticket but no resolution yet. Sadly, I have a new client who are trying to hire me  but she can't find my profile anymore. 
Upwork J.png

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Geae, 

I want to highlight that this is a thread from 2020. I moved your post from the 2020 thread to your new post. Please refrain from posting the same in other sections of the Community as this is considered spamming and is not allowed.

I understand why this is something that is worrying for you. I checked your profile, and I can see your Work History and your portfolio. Are you not seeing this section of your profile, and is your client unable to access your account from here

ETA: I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your account concern so that they can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
albay2k
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Thank you for following up with the team. My apologies. My intention posting on an exisitng thread of the Community was to somehow get some suggestions on how fellow freelancers overcome the same issue.

Like what I mentioned, couple days already passed but there's no resolution or even an update to my ticket from Upwork support.  I wonder how you're able to see my Work History and portfolio. I can only see the Overview, Work Experience (outside Upwork), Skills and Education section of my profile. No upwork client feedback, no freelancer job success score/badges, no portfolio.

I assume my new client could've hired me should my account had been working properly. I've attached a snapshot of her message on this thread saying that she's receiving an error message trying to hire me. 

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused, Geae.

I was able to replicate the issue you're experiencing and have escalated this case to our team for review. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you accordingly. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
albay2k
Community Member

Thank you Bojan!

albay2k
Community Member

Any chance we can get this fixed? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Geae, 

I checked your ticket, and I can see that the team left some instructions on the ticket yesterday so that the team can investigate your concern further. Kindly follow the instructions on the ticket, and if the issue persists, please update the ticket thread so that our engineers can look into it.

~ Avery
Upwork
albay2k
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Thank you for checking. Upon following the latest advise from Upwork support, my profile is back to its normal view. 

To those who might be experiencing the same issue, simply hit the create/submit profile button. I was hesitant to click the button previously thinking it might overwrite and reset my Upwork portfolio, ratings and client feedback. 

Thank you for helping me in getting this fixed!

~ Geae

Hi Geae,

Thank you for your message. We are happy to hear that your profile is back to normal now.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

I am unable to copy my upwork portfolio, which means I can't add it to proposals, each time I try it does not save to clipboard, can this be rectified as it's causing me much frustration 🙏

Hi Sunday,

Just to clarify, the copy to clipboard button is not working? When you open a portfolio, you can also copy the URL in your browser.
I would also suggest to try and clear your cache and cookies. If you're still experiencing any problems after this, feel free to follow up here with more details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Well, the clipboard button is not working.. you are right, so I cleared my cache + cookies and I used my browser URL that worked.

Thanks a lot Mr. Goran

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members