🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't add time worked
Page options
marcpber
Community Member

Can't add time worked

Hello,

I began yesterday a new contract. At the end, I added 5,5 hours worked, but I added it to another contract.  

Today the contract is on hold, and also the account customer is suspended. How could I add the hours worked ?

Marc Picas

16 REPLIES 16
marcpber
Community Member

Better explanation: I added by mistake to another contract.

Besides this, I don't know why my account customer is under suspension, and I can't add the worked time.

Could Upwork help ?

Thank you,

Marc

Hi Marc,

Just to clarify, you`re trying to add your time on the contract that was put on hold?
If yes, unfortunately you won't be able to add your hours while the contract is on hold. Once the hold is removed you will be able to add manual time and track your time as well.
Regarding the contract hold, this was placed due to a problem on your client. Rest assured, our team has reached out to your client to assist them further with their problem. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thanks for your answer.

That's it, I had to add the hours yesterday but I add it by mistake in another project (and it is already deleted).

The problems is that I am trying to contact de client and I receive no answer.

Has upwork in this case some type of guarantee ?

Regards,
Marc

petra_r
Community Member

Marc P wrote:

The problems is that I am trying to contact de client and I receive no answer.

Has upwork in this case some type of guarantee ?

It means the client failed to pay for hours worked last week on Monday.

Now the contract is on hold, you can't add or track any time, but as manual time is not protected anyway, it doesn't make much difference. If the client sorts it out, you can add the hours then. If the client does not sort it out you'd not get paid for those hours anyway. (No protection for manual time)

If you want Payment protection, you have to use the tracker with proper memos and activity levels. Manual time is not protected.

marcpber
Community Member

Thanks Petra,

So I have lost 1 day work

For a next time, it is better to do a fixed contract (I think that you fund the money before) ?

petra_r
Community Member

Marc P wrote:

So I have lost 1 day work

For a next time, it is better to do a fixed contract (I think that you fund the money before) ?

The safest is to track your time with the tracker. That way you are covered even if the client never pays. In that case Upwork pays you out of their own pocket. You need to track you time, include meaningful work memos and have reasonable activity levels.

Fixed price contracts are indeed pre-funded, but still less safe than properly tracked hourly contracts in case clients dispute.

You're a bit unlucky this week, there was the other strange contract with the client paying by bonus and immediately closing the contract as well? I've just responded to your post about that as well.

marcpber
Community Member

This is the same client Petra,

Thank you.

petra_r
Community Member

Marc P wrote:

This is the same client Petra,

Thank you.

How strange,  is it two contracts? One that is closed and one that isn't? You said the client paid by bonus and then immediately closed the contract? 

If it is then I have a feeling you won't see the $ 400 either.... If the payment method could not be charged for hours, it can't be charged for a bonus either...

marcpber
Community Member

First contract has been closed by the client after send the bonus,

The problem is that they contacted to upwork and upwork refunded them the 400 dollars.

So, I see different errors here by upwork side.

Regards,

Marc  Picas

petra_r
Community Member

Marc P wrote:

The problem is that they contacted to upwork and upwork refunded them the 400 dollars.

Are you sure? That is NOT how it works. Who told you that?

I would be inclined to believe that there is something wrong with the client or their payment method...

marcpber
Community Member

Yes ! I have seen it in my account, I have not refunded it.

Why upwork refunded it without my permision.

petra_r
Community Member

Marc P wrote:

Yes ! I have seen it in my account, I have not refunded it.

Why upwork refunded it without my permision.

That wasn't a "refund" - that was a reversal of a fraudulent transaction. It shows as a refund, but either it was never paid in the first place, or it was paid with a payment method that wasn't OK (stolen, hacked. used without permission)

marcpber
Community Member

and why upwork is not informing to mee ?

Hi Marc,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will share more information with you directly on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Marc,

Please keep in mind that our hourly protection does not cover promised funds or manual time. To learn more about how you`re protected on hourly contracts check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Upwork failed, once upwork notice that there is a problem with the client payment, must inform mee inmeditelly, plese note it to your plattform

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members