🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can't buy Connects and can't add billing ...
Page options
danielrune13
Community Member

Can't buy Connects and can't add billing method.

Hello. I'm low on Connects, so I tried to buy more. I used my paypal but for some reason it was rejected. There was a message saying "**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I still haven't received any email. (Although only 15 minutes have passed since this happened) I tried taking a look at my settings and realised I didn't have any billing methods. Thinking the problem could be there, I tried to add a billing method. It was rejected the same way and the same message appeared.

What's happening? How do I solve this? Is my account going to be suspended? I've heard of many cases of Upwork accounts being suspended for something the owners didn't even understand why.

Also, because of this, I'm unable to make some job proposals I wanted to make.

I've used my paypal on other occasions, with no problem. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
danielrune13
Community Member

Ok, I solved the problem. Turns out there was a message on my profile (that I didn't see before) wanting me to check my identity. After doing things step by step, my identity was successfully verified. And now I can buy connects and add billing methods.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sullivanliz
Community Member

I would suggest waiting for the email and following whatever instructions are in there. Don't panic! 

danielrune13
Community Member

Ok, I solved the problem. Turns out there was a message on my profile (that I didn't see before) wanting me to check my identity. After doing things step by step, my identity was successfully verified. And now I can buy connects and add billing methods.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members