🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can't buy connects
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Muhammad Awais,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Pleased to tell you that it is opened on another browser. There I faced
another problem that Upwork unable to authorize my card. What does it mean
and what will be the solution?

Hi Muhammad Awais,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused. Could you please try adding your billing method by using this link? You'll see the options available to you and add one of those.

Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

same thing going on along with me help ... please

cleared cache and cookies 

Hi there,

Could you please try using a different browser to check if you are still experiencing the same issue? Additionally, you can try adding your billing method by using this link? Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
04e7dcaf
Community Member

i did try problem still exist \\\\\\\

Hi there,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with adding a billing method.

Additionally, please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I did try problems that still exist. I can not understand Where is the
problem actually. Please solve this issue. Thank you.

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
drengmhassan
Community Member

Dear Sir,I need to buy more connects but my payment is not accepted.Please advise

Hi Mohammed,

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble buying Connects. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
muhammadalias
Community Member

My Debit Card cannot except when I request to purchase a membership plane or buying Connects.

Hi Muhammad,

I would recommend to add another billing method and make sure that your account is enabled for international charges. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have no another account
sandipan_upwork
Community Member

Hello, I have a agency profile and then I added my credit card to buy connects to start bidding from my freelancer profile. The card got added but when I clicked to buy connects my money got deducted from my card and I have not recievd my connects either. Under billing methods its is showing payment declined. Please resolve this issue asap.

Hi Sandipan,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
guru-1
Community Member

Select the "Add Connects" button to continue. this is the error I am getting after successful payment.

Hi SHIVANAND,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
f84d8796
Community Member

"Your payment could not be processed" i got this error every time i try to buy connects. although i am new to upwork but these things really frustrate me.kindly help me

Hi Talha,

I checked, and it looks like you have already purchased Connects successfully. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
hmmza
Community Member

i am unable to buy connects with my master card 

it pop up with a msg that 

"we are unable to authorize your card, please add another billing method"

can you help me with this 

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amir,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. In the meantime, you can check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
jakovzadro
Community Member

Hello,

I am constantly seeing upwork ads: "buy 1 connect for 0.15$". But when I go and actually try to buy it, this is what it saysYour membership plan 'Freelancer Basic' doesn't support purchasing connects. Upgrade your plan. 

Your account will be charged
$6.25
This amount includes a VAT charge @ 25%.
Your new Connects balance will be

And my friend who also has membership plan "freelancer basic" can buy connects for 0.15$?

Best regards,

Jakov

Jakov Z wrote:

I am constantly seeing upwork ads: "buy 1 connect for 0.15$". But when I go and actually try to buy it, this is what it saysYour membership plan 'Freelancer Basic' doesn't support purchasing connects. Upgrade your plan. 

Your account will be charged
$6.25
This amount includes a VAT charge @ 25%.
Your new Connects balance will be

You may still be on the old plan where you had 60 free connects a month, but can't buy Connects without upgrading to Plus, and then they cost $ 1 each.

Yes, I think that's it. Is there any way for me to have a plan in which I can buy connects for 0.15$?

Hi Jakov,

I checked and can confirm you're still on the previous Basic plan, on which purchasing Connects wasn't an option. I requested for your account to be migrated to the new Basic plan and expect you should be able to purchase bundles of Connects at $0.15 per Connect in a couple of hours from now, if not sooner.

Feel free to follow up if you have any questions or need further assistance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thanks so much Vladimir!

Hi Jakov,

As an update, your account has been migrated and you should be able to see the option to purchase Connects from your account. Good luck!

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vladimir, 

I can do it now. But now it says this: Membership Connects 0 per month

Hi Jakov,

That is correct, you have been moved to the new default Basic membership plan which no longer includes a free allotment of Connects but does offer an option to purchase Connects. Note that you would have been moved to the updated membership plan automatically shortly since almost all freelancers have been moved to paid Connects already. You can learn more about the new Connects structure and pricing here and here, let us know if you have any questions.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I've successfully added visa account but facing error that payment could not be processed while everything is alright from bank.

need help!

Hi Shahid,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi! Could you solve this problem? I am also facing a similar issue

Hi Ria,

I checked your account, and it looks like the decline error was from your bank. You may need to reach out to your issuing bank about this so that they can assist you further regarding the specific decline error. You may also consider adding a different billing method to purchase Connects. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, 

Anytime I want to buy connects it keeps telling me "

Sorry, a critical component of this page failed to load. Please reload the page."

Hi Temitope,

Could you please try these troubleshooting steps:

1. Pop up blocker is off
  2. Have the latest version of Chrome or any of the supported browsers 

If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,Vladimir.

I reached same problem which can not buy connects.

So I tried to upgrade account plan from basic to plus.

Also this trying was failed too.

Can you help me

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Engage, 

It looks like you have already been assisted by the Customer Support Team for the same issue through a support ticket. Kindly refer to your tickets with Ticket #27238816, and Ticket #27235548 for more information about your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths