Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't buy connects

Highlighted
Jakov Z Member Since: Aug 6, 2019
1 of 34

Hello,

I am constantly seeing upwork ads: "buy 1 connect for 0.15$". But when I go and actually try to buy it, this is what it saysYour membership plan 'Freelancer Basic' doesn't support purchasing connects. Upgrade your plan. 

Your account will be charged
$6.25
This amount includes a VAT charge @ 25%.
Your new Connects balance will be

And my friend who also has membership plan "freelancer basic" can buy connects for 0.15$?

Best regards,

Jakov
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 34

Jakov Z wrote:

I am constantly seeing upwork ads: "buy 1 connect for 0.15$". But when I go and actually try to buy it, this is what it saysYour membership plan 'Freelancer Basic' doesn't support purchasing connects. Upgrade your plan. 

Your account will be charged
$6.25
This amount includes a VAT charge @ 25%.
Your new Connects balance will be

You may still be on the old plan where you had 60 free connects a month, but can't buy Connects without upgrading to Plus, and then they cost $ 1 each.

Highlighted
3 of 34

Yes, I think that's it. Is there any way for me to have a plan in which I can buy connects for 0.15$?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 34

Hi Jakov,

I checked and can confirm you're still on the previous Basic plan, on which purchasing Connects wasn't an option. I requested for your account to be migrated to the new Basic plan and expect you should be able to purchase bundles of Connects at $0.15 per Connect in a couple of hours from now, if not sooner.

Feel free to follow up if you have any questions or need further assistance.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
5 of 34

Thanks so much Vladimir!

Highlighted
6 of 34

Hi Jakov,

As an update, your account has been migrated and you should be able to see the option to purchase Connects from your account. Good luck!

Highlighted
7 of 34

Hi Vladimir, 

I can do it now. But now it says this: Membership Connects 0 per month

Highlighted
8 of 34

Hi Jakov,

That is correct, you have been moved to the new default Basic membership plan which no longer includes a free allotment of Connects but does offer an option to purchase Connects. Note that you would have been moved to the updated membership plan automatically shortly since almost all freelancers have been moved to paid Connects already. You can learn more about the new Connects structure and pricing here and here, let us know if you have any questions.

Highlighted
Engage I Member Since: Dec 2, 2019
9 of 34

Hi,Vladimir.

I reached same problem which can not buy connects.

So I tried to upgrade account plan from basic to plus.

Also this trying was failed too.

Can you help me

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
10 of 34

Hi Engage, 

It looks like you have already been assisted by the Customer Support Team for the same issue through a support ticket. Kindly refer to your tickets with Ticket #27238816, and Ticket #27235548 for more information about your concern. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS