cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change country; can't verify phone

Highlighted
Brian H Member Since: Jan 4, 2018
1 of 53

So I'm an American living in Mexico.  So when creating my profile, I chose United States thinking I can do that because I'm an American.  So I filled out my profile page, but then when I go to verify my phone number, it has the country code for the phone number locked.  So I can't verify my Mexican phone number.

So now I can't complete my profile because I can't verify my phone number, and I don't see a way to change my country.  Any ideas?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 53

Hi Brian, 

I've changed your country to Mexico and you should be able to update your address to your current physical address, and add your Mexican phone number on your profile.

-Avery
Untitled
3 of 53

Thanks Avery!  I really apreciate what you've done.

However, that doesn't totally solve my problem.  I'm now in a _different_ cycle.

I changed my address (with some difficulty with the city field) and now when I press "Review Application & Submit" it just basically refreshes the page.  No errors, no corrections, no warnings, just the same page as it was.  No flash message that says it's been submitted, no notice that anything went right.  Just the same form again, still filled out.

When I go to upwork.com when logged in, it takes me straight to that form and won't let me advance past it.

4 of 53

Is there any chance this can get looked at again?

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
BEST ANSWER
5 of 53

Hi Brian, you should now be able to proceed with submitting your profile for review. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~Nina
Viet H Member Since: Mar 18, 2018
6 of 53

Nina, kindly help me to change my country to Vietnam. Thanks

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 53

Hi Viet,

We've updated your country as requested. Please, update your account address as well to reflect accurate information about your location.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Constantino P Member Since: Apr 11, 2019
8 of 53

Hi, can you help me change the country on my account to Mexico please? Thanks

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
9 of 53

Hi Constantino,

We have updated it from our end to Mexico. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Nenad S Member Since: Mar 20, 2019
10 of 53

Could you please change my country to Serbia?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS