cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork won't let me change my country.... ?

kevin_64
Kevin L Member Since: May 20, 2020
111 of 3,955

I am not able to set my country location or phone number. I am not in the USA and this appears to be the only option available on the profile submission form. What can I do? I am currently based in Thailand.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
112 of 3,955

Hi Kevin,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address and add your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
annachiarab
Annachiara B Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
113 of 3,955

Hi 

I've been trying to create an upwork application. One of the fields asks what my country is but it's automatically set to American Samoa...that is not my country! And it won't let me change it. The bar is gray and I can't click on it.... does anyone have a solution for this?

haaveilla
114 of 3,955

Hello everyone, I just realized I messed up my birth date (don't ask me how, I wish I knew) instead of putting November 26th I put November 6th. I absolutely need to change it because I don't want any trouble. Is there a way to do it?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
115 of 3,955

Annachiara,

Did you enter your birth date when signing up?

I also noticed that you created two accounts on Upwork. Only one account per user is allowed, so please close all but one account. Let us know if you need help closing an account.

~ Valeria
Upwork
haaveilla
116 of 3,955
Yes I did.
I’m not sure how to close my account
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
117 of 3,955

Hi Annachiara,

Please let me know if you can follow the steps shared in this Help article and if you were able to close your account.

Untitled
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
118 of 3,955

Hi Annachiara,

It looks like your location was selected incorrectly at the sign up. I've updated it for you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
b_chinhara
Buhle C Member Since: Jan 8, 2020
119 of 3,955

Hi Valeria,

I'm struggling with a similar issue. Any way I could get assistance in changing it from Canada to Zimbabwe?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
120 of 3,955

Hi Buhle,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS