🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

hi i cant shange my location in my profile 

i want to be in lima peru

Hi Luis,

Your country was updated as per your request.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I have the exact same problem. I need my country to reflect Romania and I have tried every possible option. Can someone from the support crew please help?

Thank you

Hi Darina,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have this problem too

padse
Community Member

I want to change my country from USA to India

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bhaktha,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I Live in the USA (Utah) but my notification keeps saying I cannot bid for a job as I don't live in the USA.  How can I get the correct country (USA) listed so I can bid on contracts in the USA??

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ruth,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're describing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I am having the same difficulty. I began setting up my account in the U.S., but am currently residing in Taiwan.

Please help.

Thank you,

Adam w.

Hi Adam, 

I wanted to check if you will be residing in Taiwan permanently, or if you're in Taiwan just to travel? If you're only travelling in Taiwan, you do not need to update your address. I would recommend that you mention to your clients that you are currently travelling to clarify the discrepancy on the location and time on your profile. 

If you are permanently residing in Taiwan, let me know and we'll change your country for you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Thanks for the speedy response! I will be permanently residing in Taiwan.

Thank you,

Adam

I'm sorry if we may have overlooked your response. We've now changed your country from United States to Taiwan. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Same happened to me I can't change country which is wrongly added as United States Minor Outlying Islands ... I am in United States of America ... And so can't select my city ...

Hi Rupali,

Your country has been changed to the U.S and you should now be able to update your address.

~Nina

Same problem here. I am travelling in Vietnam and shouldn't have chosen this country while signing up.
I'm from the netherlands. Please can you change the country so that i can complete my profile? It should be The netherlands.
Thank you
Leonie

Hi Leonie,

Our team has changed your country to Netherlands, if you need further help let me know. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Same problem here. Need to change my country of residence to Croatia as I’m unable to complete my profile. I was only traveling through the United States.

Thank you,

Toni

Hi Toni,

We have updated your country to CroatiaFeel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi,

Please help! Upwork wouldn't let me change my country from USA to Indonesia before completing my profile; yet I can't complete and verify my profile because my US phone number is no longer active. 

Yessica

Hi Yessica,

We've update your profile location for you. Please, complete the rest of your profile and submit it for a review.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
jenivieva
Community Member

Hi! I am having the same probem. I am currently living in Zurich, Switzerland and wanted to change it from mz previous adress in Germany.

Could you please help?

Thank you!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Evgenia, 

I have updated your country to Switzerland as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello!

My country is set for Germany but I live in the UK. Can you please update my country?

Thank you

Hi Eleonore,

Your country is changed to UK now, feel free to fill in the rest of the address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Would you also be able to assist me in changing my country of residence please? I have recently relocated permanently to Australia, and would like this to be reflected on my profile. Thank you for your help.

Kate.

Hi Kate,

I've just updated your country, feel free to update the rest of your address as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I reside in Nigeria, but the defualt setting on my profile is United states. Please help me change it so that I can update my profile.

Thank You.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ndianabasi,

I've just updated your country to Nigeria, you can fill out the rest of your address by going to Settings > My Info. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I just migrated in the US and I can’t change my address. I’m stuck in a loop between unable to change my address because I need to update my tax information and unable to update my tax info because of my old address. Please help. Thanks!

Hi Apple Pie,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you regarding your concern!

~ Bojan
Upwork
rahmevez
Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem. I opened the account when I was living in Cyprus but I live in Barcelona now. Whenever I try to go to Contact Info settings, it jumps to Security tab instead and I cannot make any changes on my location. I'd appreciate if you could help. Many thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rahme,

I have updated your country to Spain, please feel free to add the rest of the information to your account.

In order to resolve your redirecting issue in the account settings menu which is showing your Security tab. Please set up your security question and you won't be redirected to that page anymore in your account settings.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I recently signed up for Upwork and while submiiting my applicaion, by default my country is selected as US and I can't change it on the step "Create yor Profile". So I can not verify my number because of the contry code. I want to update it on Russia. Can you please help me out? I don't know where and whom should I contact.

Hi Aleksey,

We've updated your country to Russia. You may now complete your profile and submit it for review. Let us know if you need any assistance. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, I`m also trying to complete my profile, but it only shows United Stated withtout possibility to change. I would like to change it to Brazil and then complete my proifile

Hi Daniel_severo, 

Please expect the team to get in touch with you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello, I have just signed up my Upwork account, unfortunately I am unable to change my country of residence from Usa to Kenya. What should I do?

Hi Ann,

Your country has been updated from the United States to Kenya. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Could you change my country to Poland as well? I'll be moving to UK in a few months but I'm not there yet so choosing it might not have been the best idea, sorry for the trouble

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths