Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
341 of 1,635

Hi Carlos,

Address has been changed to Venezuela. 

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Taylor S Member Since: Apr 5, 2018
342 of 1,635

Hi, I overlooked the country when I signed up and now I encounter problems at the creating profile stage to verify the mobile and honestly where can i find the helpdesk ? where is the official email to contact upwork to delete a log-in email ? so I can re-sign up with my correct country bcos i could not access the contact info in the setting yet as it has not been validated and active

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
343 of 1,635

@Taylor S wrote:

Hi, I overlooked the country when I signed up and now I encounter problems at the creating profile stage to verify the mobile and honestly where can i find the helpdesk ? where is the official email to contact upwork to delete a log-in email ? so I can re-sign up with my correct country bcos i could not access the contact info in the setting yet as it has not been validated and active

Oh PLEASE...

You did not "overlook" the country, you tried to pretend you're in the USA and got caught out at the phone verification stage. You even entered "Los Angeles"

That's not the only "discrepancy" on your profile either, is it?

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
344 of 1,635

Hi Taylor,

As Petra mentioned, it is important for your profile to contain accurate and truthful information about your skills, education, experience and location. Please advise as to which country your account should reflect as your location, thanks!

~Nina
345 of 1,635

Hi 

- I am in Singapore, it is possible to change for me ?

I mentioned overlooked bcos as every newbie does, during any trying out stage, you will not think certain information is specifically crucial as it was thought to be an online submission/transaction type of thingy plus most (if not everyone) is specifically cautious regards to PDPA for something new... the LA is still a byproduct of "on-going exploration process", when i reached the mobile verification, it was realised that this portal meant something more than just a normal member portal ... it symbolises having certain level of assurance, hence, when I decided to progress further & tried to amend the country to Singapore, the tab was in grey, hence i painstaking searched this whole web for assistance bcos, honestly speaking, it is not as straight forward as thought to be ... 

kindly help ? with thanks & appreciation  

Community Guru
346 of 1,635

Hi Taylor,

Address has been changed to Singapore.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
347 of 1,635

Hi 

THANK you so much !

Community Guru
348 of 1,635

Hi Taylor, May we also ask to change your profile picture? Please check this link on the proper guidlines in uploading profile photo on Upwork.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Aaron M Member Since: Apr 23, 2018
349 of 1,635

Hi, I'm currently in Vietnam so I can't use my USA address to make my Upwork account work. Can you change it to Vietnam so I can complete the profile as I'll be here for a couple of months?

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
350 of 1,635

Hi Aaron,

Your country has been changed to Vietnam. Kindly please update the rest of your address information within your settings to align with your current location. Thanks!

~Nina
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS