🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
pamazu
Community Member

Hi Ryan,

Thanks a lot for the help. My country was sucessfully changed to Colombia. 

Hi,

Please change my country to India. It would be a great help.

Thanks

Hi Aditya, 

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

By mistake I've chosen the wrong country, and now I can't finish editing my profile. I live in Ukraine, could you help me out with that.

Hi Yevhenii,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi I have moved to the US (San Diego) how do I change this setting?
Thank you

Hi Nicolas,

Your Country was updated as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm facing the same issue with this. I can't change my country from US to Philippines. Please help, thanks!

Hi Zyrene,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
i_maznevska
Community Member

I need help with changing country on my profile! At this moment that field is frozen and I can use upwork

Hi Ivana,

What country do you wish to change it with? Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Macedonia, pls 🙂

Hi Ivana,

We have changed the country to Macedonia.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Thanks

i wanna change my current adress and country. bangladesh is my current address but im my profile shown usa.i wanna change it

@Shamim R wrote:

i wanna change my current adress and country. bangladesh is my current address but im my profile shown usa.i wanna change it

That's the least of the problems with your profile....

Hi Shamim,

I just changed your country, you can go ahead and update your address now. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear i want to change my country From U.S to Pakistan plzl change

Hi Bilal,

Your country has been changed to Pakistan.

~Nina

Hi I need help changing my current country to US. I am unable to use my upwork account since it redirects me to "Create your profile for consideration page".

Hello Ankita,

I went ahead and changed your country to US. If you have more concerns, feel free to post it here and we'll be more glad to assist you. Thank you and good luck!

Untitled

I had a mistake in selecting country at first step for sign up.

Could you help me change my country to Canada?

Hope to get reply shortly.

Hi Tom,

Your country has been changed to reflect Canada now.

~Nina

Thanks Nina, hope you are always happy!!!

Hi Upwork Community,

I currently live in Austria but my country settings are stuck with "Italy", where I come from.

What is the procedure to change the country?

Thanks in advance

S.

Hi Salvatore, 

Your country has been changed to reflect Austria now. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I had a mistake in selecting the country at first step for sign up.

Could you help me change my country to India than USA .my mail is id **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hope to get a reply shortly.

Amruta L wrote:

You made quite a few "mistakes" on your profile, haven't you?

Canada? Really? You are no more in Canada than you are in the USA. You are in India.

sorry its india only while copy pasting guy below who was facing same
problem as me i forgot editing it to india.so messaged again with india.

hello, i need to change the country on mi profile. I'm located in Venezuela and upwork automatically sets United States, it does not let me change it, the option is not available, how can I do it?

Hi, I overlooked the country when I signed up and now I encounter problems at the creating profile stage to verify the mobile and honestly where can i find the helpdesk ? where is the official email to contact upwork to delete a log-in email ? so I can re-sign up with my correct country bcos i could not access the contact info in the setting yet as it has not been validated and active

petra_r
Community Member

@Taylor S wrote:

Hi, I overlooked the country when I signed up and now I encounter problems at the creating profile stage to verify the mobile and honestly where can i find the helpdesk ? where is the official email to contact upwork to delete a log-in email ? so I can re-sign up with my correct country bcos i could not access the contact info in the setting yet as it has not been validated and active

Oh PLEASE...

You did not "overlook" the country, you tried to pretend you're in the USA and got caught out at the phone verification stage. You even entered "Los Angeles"

That's not the only "discrepancy" on your profile either, is it?

nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Taylor,

As Petra mentioned, it is important for your profile to contain accurate and truthful information about your skills, education, experience and location. Please advise as to which country your account should reflect as your location, thanks!

~Nina
sohtt
Community Member

Hi 

- I am in Singapore, it is possible to change for me ?

I mentioned overlooked bcos as every newbie does, during any trying out stage, you will not think certain information is specifically crucial as it was thought to be an online submission/transaction type of thingy plus most (if not everyone) is specifically cautious regards to PDPA for something new... the LA is still a byproduct of "on-going exploration process", when i reached the mobile verification, it was realised that this portal meant something more than just a normal member portal ... it symbolises having certain level of assurance, hence, when I decided to progress further & tried to amend the country to Singapore, the tab was in grey, hence i painstaking searched this whole web for assistance bcos, honestly speaking, it is not as straight forward as thought to be ... 

kindly help ? with thanks & appreciation  

joanbonjoc
Community Member

Hi Taylor,

Address has been changed to Singapore.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
sohtt
Community Member

Hi 

THANK you so much !

joanbonjoc
Community Member

Hi Taylor, May we also ask to change your profile picture? Please check this link on the proper guidlines in uploading profile photo on Upwork.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi, I'm currently in Vietnam so I can't use my USA address to make my Upwork account work. Can you change it to Vietnam so I can complete the profile as I'll be here for a couple of months?

Hi Aaron,

Your country has been changed to Vietnam. Kindly please update the rest of your address information within your settings to align with your current location. Thanks!

~Nina
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths