cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Change the country of residence

Monica G Member Since: May 12, 2018
991 of 2,113

Hi Goran,

I need the same exact help, I need to change my country of residence to Costa Rica. Can you please help?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
992 of 2,113

Hi Monica,

Your country has been updated from the United States to Costa Rica. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
993 of 2,113

Hmm... This really should be easier to do... even if Upwork doesn't want freelancers to be able to change the country of residence indicated on their profile change on their own... At least make it clear how to ask for help doing so.

Provide a standard button or something that can be clicked to kick off a change-country-of-residence process.

Maybe providing that would make it even more likely that freelancers' profile information will be accurate.

Especially if said easy-to-use button would trigger a process that requires authentication of he country of residence through an Upwork employee.

Monica G Member Since: May 12, 2018
994 of 2,113

Thank you, Bojan! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Mehnaz M Member Since: May 20, 2018
995 of 2,113

Hello, I am Currently living in Bangladesh . While trying to change the country of residence I found it blocked.Is there any other way I can change it?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
996 of 2,113

Hi Mehnaz,

Your country has been updated to Bangladesh. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Max M Member Since: Nov 1, 2018
997 of 2,113
I’m trying to create account, but it automatically set the country USA, I can’t change it to Russia, because it is blocked, help me to change it please.
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
998 of 2,113

Hi Max, 

I've updated your country to Russia. Also, please make sure to upload a profile photo that clearly shows your face. Please check out this help article for more information. Let us know if you need any assistance or have questions. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Viktoria N Member Since: Mar 10, 2019
999 of 2,113

Hi, I cannot change my country of residence. Could please update it to France so that I can complete my profile? Many thanks!

Community Guru
Cray H Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
1000 of 2,113

Hi Viktoria,

I can confirm that your country has been successfully changed to reflect France.

- Mary
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS