cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't change country

Highlighted
Kelly T Member Since: Jul 20, 2018
591 of 3,899

I am from the USA and my profile was created with this information.  I now live in Thailand.   I have a Thai phone number.  When setting up my profile I am unable to change the country code option for the phone number.  How can I do this to verify my phone number? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
592 of 3,899

@Kelly T wrote:

I am from the USA and my profile was created with this information.  I now live in Thailand.   I have a Thai phone number.  When setting up my profile I am unable to change the country code option for the phone number.  How can I do this to verify my phone number? 

You can not claim to be **IN** the USA when you are in Thailand. You need to get Upwork to change your location to accurately reflect the country you actually reside in, which is Thailand.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
593 of 3,899

Hi Kelly,

We've updated your country to Thailand. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Frank W Member Since: Aug 12, 2018
594 of 3,899

I'm having the same issue. I'm trying to sign up. I am a US Citizen living in Taiwan and the account setup keeps forcing United States. Although I have an address there, I can't verify phone because I have only skype phone and Taiwan phone #. 

Could you please change my country setting to Taiwan?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
595 of 3,899

Hi Frank, 

Looks like the country has already been updated to Taiwan. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Augusto G Member Since: Sep 13, 2018
596 of 3,899

Hello, I'd like to change my country to Mexico please. Thanks!

Highlighted
597 of 3,899

Hi Augusto, 

The team will follow up with you with more information about your account through an email. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Kristi M Member Since: Nov 8, 2018
598 of 3,899

I live in Australia, but when I enter the information for my profile, it will only let me choose a US address.

Highlighted
599 of 3,899

Hi Kristi, 

I've updated your country from US to Australia. Please update your address by going to your Contact Info page (Settings > Contact Info). Let us know if you come across any issues. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Ivan A Member Since: Nov 29, 2018
600 of 3,899

Hi, could you please help me with the same problem, i have accidentally set United States for my country, and need to change it to Russia ?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS