🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Change country during application
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
yogurt89
Community Member

Hi,

I'd also like to change my country of residence. Currently it's in United States but I am residing in Qatar. Thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manielene,

We have updated your country from our end to Qatar. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
767edccc
Community Member

Hi!

I can't change country from Sweden to Ukraine in the freelancer application form. Any help is highly appreciated!

Hi Jegor,

I just updated your country to Ukraine, feel free to fill out the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
codehimanshu
Community Member

I signed up and was redirected to create profile page, but the country is disabled and selected as Ireland. But I recide in India. Not able to access any other settings page.

Hi Himanshu,

We've updated your country to India. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
georgeda
Community Member

same problem i want to change my country to lebanon

Hi George,

I've just updated your country, feel free to fill in the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
batra_palllavi
Community Member

Want to change my country to INDIA from US. Mostly stay in India. Don't have a US mobile number today to get otp.

Hi Palllavi,

I've just updated your country to India, if you need further help let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi

Same problem. Can you update my country to Croatia?

Thank you!

emikaijuin
Community Member

I am an American temporarily living in Malaysia. When I created my account, I set the US as my country. I realized once I saw that Upwork requires my address and phone number to create my profile that I should have put Malaysia. However, I cannot verify my phone number as it autopopulates the country code when I type in my phone number so I cannot edit my country. I also cannot go back to the previous page to change my country. How can I rectify this and switch my account to Malaysia? 

Hi Emika,

I've just changed your country to Malaysia, you can edit/update your personal information by going to Settings > My Info. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
lumbulliqi
Community Member

I have not complete my Upwork profile and i can't change my country???

Hi Lum,

Can you confirm what country you`re trying to list on your profile? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, I am trying to list Kosovo or Albania.

Hi Lum, 

What country are you located in at the moment? Please keep in mind that posting misleading information on your profile is a violation of our TOS. If you`re relocating in the future you will also need to update your address, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My location is Kosovo exactly.

Hi Lum,

At the moment you can't choose Kosovo as it is not on our list of countries, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Can I choose Albania, Sir?

Hi Lum,

Please select a country that best reflects your location, you can do this by going to Settings > My Info. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Sir, I can not change the country see this.

Hi Lum,

What country would you want me to update your profile with? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Albania. Please

Hi Lum,

Your country is updated now, feel free to fill in the rest of the address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
joyglyncel
Community Member

I accidentally selected United States as my country before application to Upwork, I am now creating a profile but I can't change the country anymore. I think it's locked. I'm from the Philippines and I don't want to proceed creating my profile with the wrong country. Please help. Thank you!

Hi Glyncel,

I've just updated your country, feel free to complete your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much! I am ever grateful! 🙂

Hi Team,

Can you please change the country in my profile? Please change it to Philippines.

Thanks,

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Prince,

Your country has been updated to the Philippines. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
guyclaude08
Community Member

Hello i created my account in Spain now i'm in Dominican Republic where i live i can't set the location to Dominican Republic help please it's stuck on Spain.

Hi Claude, 

I'll go ahead and check this with the team and will get back to you once I have more information. 

UPDATE: Hi Claude, the team has reached out to you through an email support ticket to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
boodeesachit
Community Member

Hello,

I'm new to upwork and i need to change my location to New Zealand. Curently i live in New Zealand since i'm doing my higher studies and while i'm in a tour to USA signed-up for the Upwork and now my Upwork profile location shows as USA. I'm unable to change it. I need to change it to New Zealand. 

Thanks!

Hi BuddhiS,

Once you edit your Location, you may be asked to complete ID Verification. Please, refer to the support ticket that you currently have open about this issue for further instructions.

Thanks

Md Arafat

Hi Arafat,

Thanks for the reply. Can you please clarify me more on the support ticket? I didn't open any support ticket for this.

Thanks!

Hi Buddhis,

Upon checking, address showing is in India. Can we please confirm if address needs to be changed to New Zealand? As per pointed out by Arafat, once address will be changed, you will need to verify your location. Thank you.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

@BuddhiS E wrote:

... while i'm in a tour to USA signed-up for the Upwork and now my Upwork profile location shows as USA. I'm unable to change it. I need to change it to New Zealand.

You are neither in New Zealand nor in the US. You are in India.

What is wrong with people?

angelasamson
Community Member

how do I change my country in upwork? I selected the wrong country and now I cannot finish creating my profile because I cannot enter an address. Please help as fast as you can

Hi Angela, 

The team will get in touch with you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks Avery.

I just want it changed as soon as possible.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths