🐈
» Forums » Support » Update Address
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
ektafranchise
Community Member

I have recently moved to Sydney. i need to change my location. Please help. Earlier i was in Punjab, India.

Hi Ekta,

We'll update your country from our end to Australia shortly. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile by going to the Accounts menu > Settings > My Info. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kevinm067
Community Member

Please Change my country to India!! It is being shown as United States while creating a profile!!!

Hi Kevinm067,

We've updated your country to India. You may now continue completing your profile and submit it for review. Thanks!

Editing to add:

Please update your name on your profile as well. You must use your real, verifiable name according to Upwork's Terms of Service. Let us know if you need any assistance, we're here to help.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi! I live in Brazil but I can't change my location. It's set as United States and I have so many times tried to change it, but no success. Could you help me, please!

clemons_jamie
Community Member

Good Morning,

I'm new to upwork. Trying to update my contact information, specifically my physical address and the field is blocked from editing. Therefore I'm unable to change it. Please help.

Hi Jamie,

I checked this for you and I was not able to replicate the issue you are experiencing. Please, Go to the Account menu > Settings > Click "My Info" to edit your location using pencil icon on the right side, and then click on the field above the street field which is greyed, click the one with text ''Start typing your address'' and you will be able to update your address information. Let us know if you need further help. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I'm actually having the same issue. I'm unable to edit my address in the location section of my profile. When I read the terms it said "there are restrictions" on updating the address for tax purposes, however the address listed on my profile is not current and needs to be changed. Please advise. 

Hi Charlette,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you further with changing your location information. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi I am new and the address/location details for me need to be changed, but it will not let me edit, please advise. I need to change from one country to another?

Hi Shelagh,

Please confirm the country you`re currently located in and our team will updated it, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My address is

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Phone number: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Many thanks

Shelagh Payne

Hi Shelagh,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address by going to Settings > Contact Info > Location. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ektafranchise
Community Member

Hi there,

Few days ago i had put in a request to update my location as Sydney Australia. The updation was done very quickly but now it has both the locations. Old is panchkula that is in India and now i am in Sydney.

I am sure there cannot be two locations at a time . pls see my profile and kindly update my location of Sydney where i am currently and seeking work in translation but not getting anything. i can take up works in Hindi and english both languages. 

Hi Ekta, 

You should be able to update your location address by going to your Settings page > Contact Info. The team will also follow up with you with more information about your account. Please expect an email them. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I am unable to change myself. Please help

Thank you for the quick reply! Could you please tell me how can I go to Settings if I can’t even create the profile? I phone number can’t be verified if I can’t first change location.

Br, Ricardo Martinez

Hi Ricardo, 

Your country has already been updated to Brazil, and the request to verify your phone has already been lifted. Let me know if you go through any other issues.

~ Avery
Upwork
itsiganov
Community Member

I want to change my country at Russia, but I can’t

Hi Ivan,

I just updated your country, feel free to fill out the rest of your address by going to Settings > My Info. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
natassiasmith
Community Member

I am unable to change my location in my profile. I am now in a different time zone, and a lot of the postings are requesting somone in that time zone. Please help me change it.

Go to the Find work " menu option ",and select " profile " option, after this option is open there is a option on the right side top corner " Profile Setting" select it when this option open and appeare there is so many other options menu select " contact info ". Now check the second option for do location changing 

Hi Natassia, 

Are you unable to change your address on your Contact Info page (Settings > Contact Info > Edit)? Let me know so that I can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
j-schofield
Community Member

Hi,

I'd like to submit my profile, but first I need to change my country to UK, it's currently stuck on Albania.  Can you help?

Thanks

Hi Jessica, 

I have changed your country from United Kingdom to Albania Albania to UK as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks so much for your quick reply,
Much appreciated,
Jessica
petra_r
Community Member

@Avery O wrote:

Hi Jessica, 

I have changed your country from United Kingdom to Albania as requested. 

This is so weird.

She asked to have her profile changed from Albania to the UK, not from the UK to Albania...

to UK.jpg

The profile was set up yesterday and states that she is currently in Oxford (which, last I looked, is in the UK, not in Albania)

It seems unlikely that Jessica moved from Oxford to Albania this morning...

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks, Petra. It was a mix-up from my end. Please know that I changed it from Albania to UK, but mixed-up my reply.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, I have the same problem in the profile creation step. I am living in Turkey, but the field shows the United States and I can't change it.

Hi Mahdi,

I have updated your country to Turkey. Please complete your profile and submit it for review when you're done. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
alhasandiab
Community Member

Hi everyone Smiley Very Happy
Sorry to bother you, but I'm new here at this platform. I'm creating my account and I live in Germany, Leipzig But for some reason I can't change my country as it apperes to be United State and it's locked and I'm unable to change it.
I would be really grateful if someone could help me or know anything about it.
Thanks in advance.

Alhasan **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Alhasan,

I've updated your country to Germany. Please complete your profile and submit it for review. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello! My country too seems to be stuck on United States of America while being a foreigner living in China. Can you help me out?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Misha,

We have updated it from our end to China. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Bojan
Upwork
duncan-oliver
Community Member

When creating a new profile, the Country field was disabled and set to Albania. I was unable to change it to the United States. I was also unable to choose a non-Albanian city.

Hi Duncan,

I've just updated your country to US, feel free to go to Settings > My Info and update the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I'm having the same problem. My country is set to Saudi Arabia but I live in Pakistan. It won't let me change it. 

I am trying to create a new profile, the country is disabled to Bangladesh. As I am living in Australia now, I need to change it to Australia. Please help me out. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Saleh, 

I have updated your country from Bangladesh to Australia as requested. You can now access your Contact Info page (Settings > Contact Info) and update your address from there. 

If you need further help, please don't hesitate to reach out!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi there! 

We are a small scale firm operating from Pakistan but due to some unknown reasons we can't change our location. It is set to USA by default which we need to edit. 

Looking forward to your help.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths