🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Selecting country.
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Techno,

Your country is now updated. I would also like to clarify that if you would like to work as a team you will need to open an agency profile once your freelancer profile is approved. 
Freelancer profiles are for individuals who are offering their services to clients, and agencies are for teams. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
thevoyage
Community Member

Hello,
I, for some reason am unable to select my country. It is showing United States and there is no option to change it. I can't complete my profile due to this. It will be great if someone can help me with this problem.

Hi,

I am creating my profile on upwork, and selected a wrong country name during country selection. Can somebody please advice me how to change the country its currently showing as readonly in "Create Profile" Page.

Thanks!!

Your profile shows India, which seems to be where you are, so why do you want to change it?

You also have to scrap your entire overview and start again. You are not allowed to offer a company's services on a freelancer profile, it must be about you personally, your skills, your experience etc. 

Hi Neeraj,

You'll be able to update your location once your profile is approved. Please complete the form and submit your profile for review.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi,

I understand once the profile is approved only then I can change the country, but since my address is of US and I want to change it now, is there any possibility to do it at this moment, so that I can submit the profile for approval.

Thanks!!

Hi Neeraj,

I'll confirm this is not an option at this stage of creating your profile and registering your account.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Broo,

Refer to Vladimir comment below:

You'll be able to update your location once your profile is approved. Please complete the form and submit your profile for review.

~ Goran
Upwork

How does a person not know what country they live in when they create a profile?

Couldn't a person look on what is printed on their money?

Or use Google Maps?

are: "but since my address is of US"

There may be some confusion about what it means to reside in the U.S.

Having "a client base in the U.S." or "my favorite cricket team is in the U.S." is not the same thing as actually living in the U.S.

I eat Thai food frequently, but that doesn't mean I live in Thailand.

How i can change my country whilr creating upwork profile

Hi Riffat,

Your country is updated, feel free to update the rest of your address now. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

lol - Newark, India 11.5 hours ahead.

lysis10
Community Member

@Virginia F wrote:

lol - Newark, India 11.5 hours ahead.

he had nothing filled out before. Looks like it's a good thing we give him a chance after the fake profile pic.

NOT jesus

I see you are doing your Masters at XYZ.

I've heard great things about that place. Thinking of going there myself Man Indifferent

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nirja,

Please confirm which country you are located in, the one you would like to have on your profile so that we can further assist you, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
thevoyage
Community Member

I would like my country to be India. Thank you.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nirja,

Your country has been updated to India. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
thevoyage
Community Member

Thank you so much.

Hi Bojan, I am also not able to update the country in my agency's account. Kindly change it to India. Thanks.

Hi Bhavin, 

The team will reach out to you through an email about more information on your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
fawzibata
Community Member

Hello,

I am having the same difficulty. I would like to change the country being the US to Jordan.

Thank you,

Fawzi

Hi!

Sorry, but I can not help you with this. You should write to Moderator and they will fix your issue quickly. If you have questions, please, ask.

Aleksey

Hi Fawzi,

We've updated your country to Jordan. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I created an account however, by mistake selected British India  Ocean Terriotry and I am not able to change it. I want the country to be India. so that I can complete my profile

Hi Prashant, 

Your country has now been updated to India as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, Please unknowingly, I chose UK as my country of residence, meanwhile am in Nigeria for the meantime. Could you help me update the location to read Nigeria now so I can submit for approval?

Hi David,

We've updated your country to Nigeria. Thanks!

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Can you please help changing mine as well? I selected a wrong country and now I can't proceed in finishing my profile.

Hi Ujeen,

Could you please confirm the country you are located in and would like to be displayed on your profile?

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi, I mistakenly chose United States as my country. Please change it to Pakistan.

Hi Sohaib,

Our team has updated your country, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I accedentalty picked the United Kingdom as my location can you change it to Belgium.

Hi Daniel,

I updated your country as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Alexandar D, I can't fill in my profile because Country is blocked in USA, but I don't live in USA, could you please help me with this? 

Hi Karen,

Could you please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location? We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I live in France.

Hi Karen,

Thank you for following up. Your Country was updated. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I still can't fill in the Location on my profile. Please find attached
photo of screenshot.

Thank you for your help.

Karen

Hi Karen,

It seems you didn't upload the screenshot. Could you please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location? We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths