🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Change home country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hello,

I am in France. I attached now, please try to open the file jpg and let me
know if it works.

Thank you in advance,

Karen

Hi Karen,

Seems that you still didn't upload the screenshot. I checked and it seems that your country is already set to France. If you are experiencing any problems submitting your application, please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi!

I have the same issue of location. Kindly update.
I'm unable to change. And I'm from Pakistan.

Thanking you.

Ayesha Dilawar

Could you help me change my country to Nigeria?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fola,

Your Country was updated to Nigeria as per your request, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Moderator,
Could you help me with changing my country from UnitedStates to Pakistan?
Stuck in the creating account phase.
Thank you in advance.

Hi Shahzaib,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
valofury
Community Member

Hi Moderator’s,
Could you help me in changing my country from United States to India.
Stuck in the creating account phase.
Thank you in advance.

-Adeel

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Your county has been updated to India as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar, I had the same problem. I'm living in Brazil and I'd selected the United States as my country. Can you solve it for me? Thank you.

y-abdullah
Community Member

Hi there 

i want change my country name as india can u help me. In this tab are disabled couldnt change

Hi Y A,

I've changed your country to India. You may now complete your profile and submit it for review. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
dcb31e86
Community Member

Hello,

I would really appreciate if you could change my country to Brazil - right now the “United States” option appears to be fixed.

Thank you a lot.

Hi Ana,

I've updated your country to Brazil, feel free to go to Settings > My Info and update the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ainamaj
Community Member

Hi Moderators,

can someone help me change my country to France? 
When I made my account I was living in Sweden, I now have a UK phone number which I was able to enter yet my official address is in France!

//Aina

Aina contact help and support. They'll sort it out in no time.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aina,

Your country has been updated to France. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
vickydo
Community Member

I signed up for Upwork while I lived in Israel but didn't finish my profile. Now I live in Canada. How can I change the country before submitting my profile for review?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ivan, and Victoria, 

The team will reach out to you both to assist you with your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
vickydo
Community Member

Unfortunately the issue with changing my country wasn't solved yet. Could you please assist me with this problem? I signet up in Israel but currently I live in Canada.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Victoria,

Please confirm in which state you are located in Canada, and we will update this on our end shortly, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
vickydo
Community Member

Hi, I am located in Nova Scotia state

Here you go, Victoria. Your country has been updated. Please, feel free to continue with creating your profile. Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
f_vardin
Community Member

HI 

I SIGN UP IN UPWORK A WHILE AGO BUT DIDNT COMPLETE MY PROFILE NOW I HAVE PROBLEM TO COMPLETE IT. I AM FROM UKRAINE BUT IN MY PROFILE  IT IS JAPAN AND I CANT CHANGE IT WHAT SHOULD I DO? 

Hi Far,

I've just updated your country, feel free to continue with your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, 

I was traveling in India when I created my profile and I'm now unable to change my country back to the US. Please help?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Calvin, 

A member of the team will get in touch with you through an email regarding your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
sagitaninta
Community Member

I also could not change my country from Germany to Indonesia. Everytime I open settings, it always redirect me to Password and Security.

Hi Sabhrina Gita, 

The team will reach out to you through an email support ticket for more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
daley_lammoy
Community Member

Hello. 

I would like to change my country from USA to Sint Maarten please.  I accidentally click on the wrong country while creating my profile. 

Thanks in advance.

Hi Lammoy,

I've changed your country to Netherlands Antilles which included Sint Maarten. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
aharrell87
Community Member

I have the same problem. I'm creating my profile and I accidentally chose United States instead of United Kingdom and now it won't allow me to go back and change the country.  I'm just stuck being unable to create my profile.

Hi Amanda,

I`ve just updated your country, feel free to continue with your account and if further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello! Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, it is still not allowing me to input my address. The country has changed, however it says it cannot find my address, and does not accept when I enter it manually.

Hi Amanda,

Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser and start typing your address under the Address field, you should see drop down suggestions to chose from. If you`re still unable to add your address let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
emily-meyer
Community Member

I unfortunately have the same problem and put USA as my country and I am currently in Indonesia. Can someone please reset the settings so I can finish setup here in Indonesia?
Thank you!

Hi Emily,

We have updated it from our end to  Indonesia. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
skrugerpr
Community Member

I am setting up a new profile and when I am trying to type in my address it has the country greyed out as United States.  I live in Puerto Rico which is a US territory and usually, it is included under the States list but this time I don't see it... How can I get help to change it? 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Stephanie
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stephanie,

Your country has been updated to Puerto Rico. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
skrugerpr
Community Member

Thank you for the quick response.  Happy Holidays!

Stephanie
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths