🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Have you relocated to the US? 

Hi Kiran,

I`ve just updated your country to US, feel free to fill in the rest of the address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

@Goran V wrote:

I`ve just updated your country to US, feel free to fill in the rest of the address. Thank y?ou.

Why in the world would you do that? She is no more in the US of A than I am. Or you are.

How to change your country if your account is still now verified?

mehnart
Community Member

*not

From the Settings.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mehnart,

Please advise as to which country your account should reflect as your location and we'll update it from our end, thanks!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Why is so hard to change the country ... well could you please help me to change my country by mistake i selected United States.

Hi Oscar,

Please let me know what country would you like us to update it to. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi!

Could you please help me to change my country from Belgium to Spain? The "Country" field is not active to change. Because of this I cannot complete my profile information and go on.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Amalya

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amalya, 

Your country has been updated from Belgium to Spain. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you for quick response!

Regards,

Amalya

Hi Nina,
My country got selected to United States by default.Can you please change my country to India so I can complete my profile
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Prerna,

Your country has been updated to India. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi I am reviewing my Upwork profile however my country is set to Turkey but now I live in Germany Berlin but can't change it. What should I do.

Hi Baris,

I've gone ahead and changed your country to Germany, so you should be good to go in this regard.

~Nina

I was registered from Austria, currently I am in Armenia. The platform is not offering me possibility to change my country.

Hi Artem,

Our team just updated your country to Armenia, feel free to update the rest of of your address. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

hello

i sign up long time ago from another country (colombia) but now i'm living in the UK and i'm not able to change the information in the 'profile creating' step. could you help me?

thank you!

Hi Lina,

I've updated your country setting on your account. Please, go ahead and complete the rest of your profile with information about yourself.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello I have the same issue with My country & Also i would like to change my name.
kindly assit for the same.

Saurabh S Kapure

Hi Saurabh,

Could you please confirm which country would you like to change your profile location to? We can assist you with that but you'll need to update your profile name right after you submit it.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I am new to upwork freelancing but have been recruiting on it using the same account for many years. I just created a freelancer profile but SMS verification not working. Can you please help? I can provide my DL ID scans if that helps. 

Hi Tim,

One of our team member will reach out to you via ticket. Please respond directly to that ticket and post any questions you have. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I am from the USA and my profile was created with this information.  I now live in Thailand.   I have a Thai phone number.  When setting up my profile I am unable to change the country code option for the phone number.  How can I do this to verify my phone number? 

@Kelly T wrote:

I am from the USA and my profile was created with this information.  I now live in Thailand.   I have a Thai phone number.  When setting up my profile I am unable to change the country code option for the phone number.  How can I do this to verify my phone number? 

You can not claim to be **IN** the USA when you are in Thailand. You need to get Upwork to change your location to accurately reflect the country you actually reside in, which is Thailand.

Hi Kelly,

We've updated your country to Thailand. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I'm having the same issue. I'm trying to sign up. I am a US Citizen living in Taiwan and the account setup keeps forcing United States. Although I have an address there, I can't verify phone because I have only skype phone and Taiwan phone #. 

Could you please change my country setting to Taiwan?

Thank you!

Hi Frank, 

Looks like the country has already been updated to Taiwan. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello, I'd like to change my country to Mexico please. Thanks!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Augusto, 

The team will follow up with you with more information about your account through an email. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I live in Australia, but when I enter the information for my profile, it will only let me choose a US address.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kristi, 

I've updated your country from US to Australia. Please update your address by going to your Contact Info page (Settings > Contact Info). Let us know if you come across any issues. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, could you please help me with the same problem, i have accidentally set United States for my country, and need to change it to Russia ?

Hi Nina, 

i'm having the same problem, i started my account during my travel to Egypt and can't change it to the US where i live now

Hi Jeremy, 

The team will follow up with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Can anyone help me change the country to romania? it's stuck on US

thanks!

Hi Marosi,

I`ve updated your country to Romania, if further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey..i also cannot change my country..Set it to US by mistake while its india.

Hi Ormond,

Your country has been updated from the United States to India. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths