Sahar A Member Since: Jul 27, 2019
1482 of 1,736

Hello, I lived in Turkey for a while, but now I returned to my country, Georgia
I want to change my location now to georgia 
My goal was to coordinate with Upwork for this

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1483 of 1,736

Hi Sahar,

I checked your account and it looks like you have already update your address on file. If you need any assistance or have any questions, please let us know. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Thiago B Member Since: Sep 12, 2019
1484 of 1,736

The location buttons are blocked (makes no sense honestly). I chose the USA, but I', from Argentina and now I can't change it. Can you help me fix that?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1485 of 1,736

Hi Thiago, 

I would like to confirm that this is working as designed as freelancers who have selected a US location for their country will need to verify their location. I have updated your country to Argentina as requested. As a gentle reminder, please be sure to fill-in corrrect and honest information about yourselef when filling-in your profile, and account information. 

-Avery
Untitled
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1486 of 1,736

Hi Jamey,

Our team had responded on your ticket that you made for the same problem, please follow the detail steps described there. You can access your tickets on this Link, if you need further help let me know.

Untitled
Lucilla S Member Since: Dec 5, 2018
1487 of 1,736

I need to change my location (and payment method) from Japan to Italy but when I click on  "update" I get the following message.

Warning: changing address country may result in VAT rate changes and/or invalidation of existing VAT numbers. Are you sure you want to continue?

Will this affect payments that are not completed yet or my weekly billing report?  How should I proceed?

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1488 of 1,736

Hi Lucilla,

Upwork charges the country-specific Value Added Tax (VAT) to freelancers and agencies in the European Union (EU), unless you provide a valid VAT number. VAT will be assessed on services provided by us, not on services you provide your clients. To learn more about this, please check out this help article

-Joanne
Untitled
Bogdan K Member Since: Jan 25, 2019
1489 of 1,736

Hello, how i can change my location? the tab is not working.. my location now is  Rivnens'ka City Council, Ukraine, but this is not entirely correct. Rivne, Ukraine is true

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1490 of 1,736

Hi Bogdan,

To edit your address go to Settings > Contact Info > Location and you will be able to update your address and City accordingly. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS