🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
5658f193
Community Member

Hi, 

I was creating a profile as a freelancer and I selected United States as country in place of India. Can you please help us change back to India so that I can complete my profile and move forward? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pavan, 

The team will follow up with you through an email to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
maiteblanes
Community Member

Hi! I'm trying to create my profile but I joined UpWork while travelling and now cannot change the country of residence. It says Norway but I live in Argentina now. Can someone help so I can submit my profile?

Thanks!

Hi Maite,

Your country has been updated from Norway to Argentina. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Perfect, thank you!
pinipel
Community Member

I just signed up, and my country shows as Colombia although I'm not living there... how can I change it?... besides I keep changing location, should I always request by here?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diana Carolina,

Please advise as to which country your account should reflect as your location and we'll update it from our end.

If you are travelling and are away from your country of residence temporarily, you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly.  If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving some place, then you should make updates to your account location. Please make sure you have an appropriate visa type or permit to work in a country you are situated in and pay taxes accordingly. You may need to consult with a legal advisor about it.

~ Bojan
Upwork
pinipel
Community Member

Hi, I’m living currently in turkey..
Thank you for your time ☺️
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diana Carolina,

You are more than welcome. Your country has been updated from Colombia to Turkey. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ennaaeess
Community Member

Hi

I am trying to update my country location from Pakistan to USA, but I am not able to do so. I created this account when I was living in Pakistan but now I have relocated and I am not able to update country (even though I have tried to upload PRC).

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI Neelam, 

Looks like your address has already been updated. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!

~ Avery
Upwork
capa57218
Community Member

Hi, I would like to change my country, I created the account while in the US but now live in Mexico and it won't let me verify. Is there anyway I can do this?

Hi Sarai,

I just updated your country to Mexico, feel free to update the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks so much!

Hi! I was living in the UK when I created my profile - I'm now in France and would like to change my country to France since I'm French. Could you help? 

Thank you!

Hi Alexandre,

Your country has been updated from the United Kingdom to France. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
heenateraiya21
Community Member

Hello upwork support team,

I am coming back to upwork after some while, not sure if I selected my location with any country but when I felt ok this is the time for me to have new projects and join back upwork, I signed back and was finishing all the formality but my current location is India and upwork is taking it US and I am living now over India only, and unfortunately I couldn't able to change it as I haven't registered my account 100% earlier, please help me with this.

- Heena

Hi Heena,

We have updated your country from our end to India. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you Bojan and support team for the quick response.

Hope you will have a fabulous upcoming year.

g_kreiner
Community Member

Dear Upwork. 

I'm a US citizen with a US address, but I'm currently abroad. My mobile phone number is an Israeli cell phone.  The challenge is that when I enter my US address,I'm only promted with the ability to list a US phone number. While my US phone number does forward voice calls, it can't accept text messages. 

Can I provide you with the Israeli cell # to send me the initial text message?

-or- Can I provide Uptime with the US phone number to have a person call me to verify?

Thank you,

Gideon

@Gideon K wrote:

I'm a US citizen with a US address, but I'm currently abroad. My mobile phone number is an Israeli cell phone.  The challenge is that when I enter my US address,I'm only promted with the ability to list a US phone number. While my US phone number does forward voice calls, it can't accept text messages.

If you currently live in Israel, you need to put Israel as your location.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gideon,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your phone verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi! Im picked wrong country by acident and so cant validate my phone number. Could you please change it to Russia? I cant do it myself since country field is greyed out...

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jen,

Your country was changed to Russia, feel free to add the rest of the information to your account. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you, Bojan S! Happy New Year, Upwork team!

seo_men
Community Member

How can i change a country during registration? I am from Ukraine but Upwork (IDK WHY) does not allow me to change USA to Ukraine. So that i cant verify my account.Снимок экрана 2019-01-03 в 15.52.05.png

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Stoyanovsky,

I`ve just updated your country to Ukraine, feel free to add the rest of your address now. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
shilpi2686
Community Member

Hi, 

I am trying to change my country from India to Belgium as I have moved to Belgium for my PhD. However, the drop down list is only reflecting around 10 countries with the alphabet A. 

Could you please help me with the same. 

Thank you so much in advance. 

Hi Shilpi,

I've just updated your country, feel free to update your address by going to Settings > My Info. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
a_yela
Community Member

I cannot seem to change my country as I am asked for a phone and address but cannot give a US one. I inted to live there but currently reside in Spain.

browersr
Community Member

[Deleted] 

Seems I misunderstood what the poster was trying to do.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alejandro,

We updated your country to Spain, please add the rest of address information to your profile. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
rachelmdolan
Community Member

Hi,

I need to change my country of residence from Spain (where I am currently visiting) to the UK, where I live, but it won't allow me to make this change.

Thanks

Hi Rachel, 

Looks like your country has already been updated. Let us know if there is something else we can help you with!

~ Avery
Upwork
yahiabelal
Community Member

I thought that I should enter my nationality not my place of residence when creating my account ... and I was mistaken! 

How can I change it from Egypt to Malaysia?

Sorry brother , But i think upwork doesn't support changing the country name. 

You can send them a message in support and may be they can change it manually for you.

Hi Yahia,

Your country was changed to Malaysia, feel free to add the rest of the information to your account. Thank you.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi, I just want to change my location to the US since I'm based in LA, but there is no edit button in the 

profile setting page. Could you change my location to Los Angeles, USA please? Thank you.

Hi Jisoo,

I suggest that you finish your profile and once done, you can go to the Settings > Contact Info page and under the 'Location' section, update your country and city.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
liasramirezd
Community Member

Hello everyone!

I created my account when I was in London U.K but now I moved to Colombia, my homeland. It seems impossible to edit my current location. 

Can somebody help me to fix this?

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths