🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to Change country in profile addre...
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paolo,

Your Country should reflect the one you're physically located in and can verify it. Would you like us to update your country to the Philippines?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Goran,

My country's choice is still greyed out. Could you change mine to China? 

Sincerely,

Heyi Wang

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Heyi,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

thank you

Hey, how do I update my country from Albania to Ukraine?

Hi Sergey,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, 

Please help me change my country of residence from China to Russia. 

Thank you!

Hi Alex,

I've changed your country to Russia. Please, go to your Settings> Contact information to update the rest of your address. Additionally, you may want to go to Find Work> Profile and update your profile with more information about your skills and experience. Note that you can even do it before the current review of your profile is completed.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello,

Could you please change my country from Ireland to Canada.

Thanks
Patrick

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Patrick,

Your country has been updated from Ireland to Canada. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

I am trying to complete my registration, but the country is set up by the default as the USA I am not able to receive an SMS message. Could you please change it to Poland?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Volodymyr,

Your country is now updated as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I'm trying to change my country, by default its United States but i live in India. How to change the country in profile as its disable to change.

Hi Rajat,

I've updated your country to India.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hey, I want to apply to upwork as a Freelancer but the country is automatically set to USA and I'm not able to change it. Can you please change it to India? Thanks in advance

Hi Shreedhar,

Your Country was updated as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, I was setting up my upwork profile and it is not allowing me to change locations from the US to Venezuela.

I can not provide a US location or phone number to continue since I am not from there/

I would like my location to be switched to Venezuela.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Hi Maria,

Your country has been updated to Venezuela. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I want to change my country to Indonesia from UK please!
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Slendy,

I've just updated your country to Indonesia, feel free to update the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I am also struggling with this issue. I cannot complete my profile since the country option is stuck as UK but I live in Turkey

Hi, please can you change my country to Czech republic? I'm in UK, but I have only Czech mobile phone number and with selected UK I'm getting +44 and can't change it to CZ +420. Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Milan,

One of our agents will reach out to you and assist you with your phone verification process.

Let us know if you have any other questions and please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Can you change my country to Czech republic? I'm in UK, that's why I selected UK, but I'm from Czechia, so I have Czech phne number, which I need for verifying. Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Milan,

Your country was updated to the Czech Republic. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have the same issue, cannot change the country from Albania, while I live in Romania.

Hi Victor,

Your country is updated, feel free to update your address now. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I am unable to change the country from UK to USA.

Regards,
Afsheen Kiran

Hi Gilbert, and Afsheen, 

I have updated the country noted on your profile as requested. You may now proceed to updating your profile address by going to your Settings > Contact Info page.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

First, i want to thank you for resolving my email problem.

But now, i have this issue of not being able to change my country, cause as you may know, i moved from algeria to france and the country is neither updated nor i can update it myself.

Looking for your help and thank you in advance.

Hi Dev,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello! I also messed up and put my country of residence as the US but currently live in Mexico. I am mid account creation and cannot procede.

I saw that it was possible to change country after sign up is completed so i typed a random address to get me through the sign up process and avoid the need of a mod but nowI can't go on with phone no. verification.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Felipe,

We have updated it from our end to Mexico. Let us know if you need further assistance. We're here to help. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

OMG! how to change country?

this bug cant fix for so many years....

petra_r
Community Member

Ian V wrote:

OMG! how to change country?

this bug cant fix for so many years....

It is not a bug. It is a reasonably effective first step to catch people who try to lie about who and where they are.

They then come to the forum and announce their fake profiles and can therefor easily be kicked off the platform.

ianvel
Community Member

OK. Can you change my country to Ukraine to complete my reg?
petra_r
Community Member

Ian V wrote:
OK. Can you change my country to Ukraine to complete my reg?

I would suggest you correct all the other false parts of your profile first... Like your name and profile picture.

I'm also unable to change my country. I want it to be Pakistan. But it's set to USA by default and it won't let me change. While I'm building new profile, need help.

Hi Talha,

Your country is updated and now you can continue with your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I am also having the same problem. My country is registered as US and I wish to change it to Philippines. Thank you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths