🐈
» Forums » Support » Can´t change my country while creating my acc...
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Lia,

I just updated your country, feel free to update the rest of your address now. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran, 

Can you help me once again, please?

The specific location is Bogotá, Colombia ,and the hour is -5 hours according to the hour of the image.

I ask you because I can't change anything, everytime that I click on Profile settings or Contact info, it just redirects me to the password and security information. 

I look forward to it. Thanks!

Hi Lia,

I've checked and was able to access the Contact Info page and your address details on your account. Please clear your cache and cookies, try using a different browser and let us know if you managed to change your address details or need further assistance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hello!

For me it was not possible to enter again to the edit my address in the
system, it still redirects me to the same password and security page even
when I cleared all the cache and browsing information, so idk how can I
troubleshoot this problem.
Please, help me. Thanks!

Hi Lia,

Please try to set up your security question in order not to see redirection screen in your Profile Settings. Afterwards, please follow the steps described here for changing settings information on your account, including email address.  Let us know if you need any further assistance. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
alixnyc
Community Member

The Country button block in the location is blocked and I can't change my location from France to United States. How can I fix this? I live in NYC and want to be located there 

Thanks!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alix, 

It looks like you have added your address in France. It is important to add verifiable and accurate information about you on your account. If you will be moving permanently to New York soon, we suggest that you update your address then. Until that time, I suggest that you keep your address in France. 

~ Avery
Upwork
sajidkhan18
Community Member

i'm from Bangladesh.
But i did a mistake in my profile.
I save my location as United state.

But can't change it. For that reason i can't submit my profile

Hi Sajid,

Your country has been updated to Bangladesh. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
savina_
Community Member

Hi there. I can’t change my location to United Kingdom. It doesn’t allow me to do so. Can you help me? Thank you
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Savina, 

The team will reach out to you through an email with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
lucy_nagorna
Community Member

I mistakenly specified the wrong country in my profile  - how to change it?

Hi Lucy, 

The team will reach out to you directly with more information about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
alexpalomo
Community Member

HI!, I choose the wrong country when I was creating my account and now I cannot change it and I cannot pass the create profile page, can you please help me change from United States to El Salvador.

Thank you in advance

Hi Alex,

We've updated your country to El Salvador. You may now proceed with updating your address. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
nupur_vijay
Community Member

Hi, I want to change my location to India. Currently, it is Bellevue, WA. I am unable to change it by going through Settings as there is no edit option available next to Location. Thanks 

Hi Nupur,

Your country has been updated to India. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi Jo-An,

Great! Would it take some time to update? Because I still see my location as Bellevue, United States. 

pgundania
Community Member

I am currently in USA but my country of residence is India. I would like to change my location to India please. 

Thank you! 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Priyanka, 

The team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
pgundania
Community Member

Nobody has reached out to me yet.

Please let me know by when should I expect it. Thank you! 

marinefleur
Community Member

I would like to create a profile but it won't let me choose another country than Usa.... I'm currently living in nepal

Hi Marine,

I`ve just updated your country, if further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
oumayb
Community Member

Hi,

I can't access the settings page to change my country because my profile is not complete. I would like to change it to France. 

Thank you for your help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oumayma,

We have updated your country from our end to France. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
oumayb
Community Member

Thanks!

jaina1303
Community Member

I am unable to change my country from USA to India. Please help

Hi Jaina,

Your country is updated to India, feel free to update the rest of your address now. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
a_ricciardi
Community Member

Hi,

how may I change my country from Italy to United Kingdom?

Thanks,

Antonio

Hi Antonio,

Your country has been updated from Italy to the United Kingdom. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kbarry94
Community Member

I cannot change my country from Albania to United States. May you please fix? 

Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kevin,

Your country has been updated to the United States. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
katemackay85
Community Member

Hi,

I'm not able to change my country from Thailand to U.S.

Thanks in advance.

-Kate

Hi Kate, 

I have updated your country from Thailand to U.S. You should now be able to update your address by going to your Contact Info page (Settings > Contact Info).

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello. I have the same problem, my default country is set to Philippines. As I am a hungarian resident can you please change the country to Hungary? Thank you!

Hi Bence, 

It looks like the Social Media Team is currently assisting you through a private message. The team will continue assisting you through the social media platform, so that we can assist you more efficiently. 

~ Avery
Upwork
gi4327
Community Member

Hello!

I started editing my upwork profile a few months ago while I was still living in UK. Now I came back to Italy and I'm unable to change the country and consequently to complete my profile application.

What should I do?

thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Giorgia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and looks like you were able to change your Country to Italy. Let us know if you need any further assistance. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
utpalbarman
Community Member

Hello,

Recently I've created an Upwork accont. But accidently I put the country name as United States, then it redirects me to a page for verifying my account with an USA phone number. But I want to do that with my Bangladeshi mobile number (+88).

Thanks in advance.

Hi Utpal,

I just updated your country and you can update the rest of your address now. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths