🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to Change country in profile addre...
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

I am also facing the same issue! How I can change my country as I am in the sign up phase and I am unable to access the settings tab.

Hi Renee,

Can you please confirm the country that your profile should be set to? Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks Joanne for your response, please set it to Pakistan. and I would also like to know if I will be able to change it to China after few months? as I am expecting to move there soon.

Hi Renee,

Your country was changed to Pakistan, feel free to add the rest of the information to your account. Thank you.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hello, May I ask you to change my country to Antwerp, Belgium?

Thanks

Hi Hasmik,

You should be able to change your country by going to Settings > Contact info and clicking the pencil icon next to the location section. Please note that your profile location should reflect your physical location.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
17a57e1e
Community Member

hey i cant solve my problem to change my country kindly please help me , there is no option in contact info to change my location

Hi Aneeqa,

You should be able to change your country on the Settings > Contact Info page and under the 'Location' section as shown in this screenshot. If you don't see the option there, could you please share a screenshot of the page so that we take a look?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
marxo983
Community Member

hi i want to change my profile to ecuador

can you please help me?

Hi Marco,

I see that your country is already changed to Ecuador now.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Hi I want to change my profile to Vietnam,

can you please help me?

Hello Nugyen,

You can update your contract from your Settings page. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Can someone please help me change my country to the US? I’m located in the US but I made my account while I was in Germany and now it keeps saying to update my tax info whenever I try to change it back to US. I’ve already updated my tax info but it won’t allow me to change the country on my profile. Thank you so much in advance! 

Hi Ese,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have indicated as 'I am not a U.S. person' under your W-8BEN section on your Tax information page. Could you please try changing your country again after updating your tax information to 'I am a U.S. person' and fill in all the listed information?

Please note that if you are traveling and are away from your country of residence temporarily, you don’t need to update your location. Please make sure you have an appropriate visa type or permit to work in a country you are situated in and pay taxes accordingly. You may need to consult with a legal advisor about it.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you so much! It worked!

Regards,
Ese Agboh
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Tilde,

Your country has been changed and you should be able to proceed with completing your profile, thank you.

~Nina

I recently signed up for Upwork and while submiiting my applicaion, by default my country is selected as Anguilla and it is disable for me to update. I want to update it ot United States but I cannot do it so I just have to submit the appplication with Anguilla as my country. Can you please help me out? I don't know where and whom should i contact.

Hi Mona,

Your country has been updated, please also update your address information in your Contact Information settings. Thank you.

~Nina

I am unable to change the country of residence to Romania from United States in my profile creation.

Hi Adrian,

I can confirm that your country location has been successfully changed to reflect Romania.

~Nina

I have the same issue too. I can not change my country from US to Hungary

Hi Viktoria,

Your country is now set to Hungary. You may now with continue your profile and submit it for review. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
shirads
Community Member

In creating my profile, I cannot input an address other than one in the USA. I would like my country to be Israel, where I am located. Please advise.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Shira,

I've just updated your country to Israel, feel free to fill in the rest of your address by going to Settings > My Info. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hi sir i am trying to change my country from USA to Pakistan but i can't able to clik here and even i can't goto my setting i am stuck in my creating profile page.please help me to sort it out

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kaleem,

Your country has been updated to Pakistan. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Bojane

I have the same proble, I need to change my country from Finland to France, can you help ?

Thanks 

I recently signed up for Upwork and while submiiting my applicaion, by default my country is selected as India and it is disable for me to update. I want to update it to Indonesia but I cannot do it so I just have to submit the appplication with India as my country. Can you please help me out? I don't know where and whom should i contact.

Hi Devina,

Your country is now updated. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Good Day, my first issue is already solved. My country was already changed to Philippines. However, when I try to type my city, it wont let me do it and it only shows cities in Cambodia. 

Hi Paula,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies and then adding your street address first. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I cannot change my profile address to Mexico from usa

Hi Michaella,

I`ve just updated your country to Mexico, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

please change my country from US to India

Balaji B wrote:

please change my country from US to India

Why did you enter Chicago, USA in the first place?

Can you change it. i will update my address accordingly

Hi Balaji,

I just changed your country to India, feel free to update the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi UpWork

I am in the process of setting up my profile and the site does not allow to select UK as my country (only accepts US).

Can you help please?

Many thanks

Sven

Hi Sven, 

It looks like this has already been resolved. Let us know if you need further help with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork
e6d74b43
Community Member

Hi,

I’m setting my profile up and I’m stuck in step 9 (Location) I’m unable to change the country (US) to Philippines.

Appreciate the help.
Thanks,
Paolo
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths