🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hello. So sorry to come with the same issue. The country on my profile is set up to Netherlands. It should be Romania. I live in Bucharest. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have the rights to change the country. Can you please help me? Thank you so much!

I sign-up into upwork i live in algeria but i set in anguilla so help

Hi Mandi,

I just updated your country to Algeria as well, if further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I have this problem too. Country information was completed automatically as Albania during profile creation and I was unable to change it to Romania. Kindly modify it.

Thank you.

Cristina

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cristina,

Your country has been updated from Albania to Romania. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I am having this issue too. I'm from the US but I live in Spain. It will not let me change to my Spanish address and I cannot validate the account because it wants a US phone number, which I do not have access to over here. 

Hi Molly,

I`ve just updated your country to Spain, feel free to add the rest of your address now. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you!!!!

I have the same problem. Can you change my country for me?

Hi Carlos,

Could you confirm where you`re currently located and I will update your country, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My current location is Suriname

Hi Carlos,

Your country is updated, feel free to update the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I can't change my country, would you kindly assist?
Thanks you
Tanja

Hi Tanja,

May I know the country you're trying to update your profile to so I can assist you?

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Nina,

Its still locked to India 😞

Check the screenshot atached.

my username is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Paul,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I recently post an issue with my acount, the problem is that my default country is selected as Argentina and it is disable for me to update. I want to update it ot Mexico but I cannot do it.

Thanks.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jesus,

I just updated your country, if further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I recently signed up for Upwork, but by default country is selected as Argentina and it is disable for me to update. I want to update it ot Mexico but I cannot do it.

imlester
Community Member

Help me too I'm having the same problem I forgot to change my Country from USA to PHILIPPINES when registering and I can't go back to change it.

Hi Lester,

I sent you a PM, thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Same with me, i have not completed my profile because my country is set to  "British indian ocean teritory" I live india please change my country,so that i can complete my profile and send for review.

Hi Raghav,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i'm make a wrong when i signed up, i'm from Algeria but The country is United States

I also have this problem.  I started the profile with United Kingdom because that's my home country but I live in Germany and have a German phone number. I can't complete the Profile because it wants to use a UK phone number.

Please update my country. Thanks.

Hi World,

Your country is updated, and I would also suggest updating your name to your full legal name as soon as possible. Presenting misleading information on your profile is a violation of our TOS. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks.

Thanks also for the tip about user name.

I can't review my application, doesn't allow me to enter correct city because Country is set to Albania instead of USA and it won't let me change it. 

-KarinaJ81

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Karina, 

I have update your country from the Albania to USA. You should now be able to update your profile's address. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, I would like to also change my country from United States to Philippines. Hoping for your response. Thank you

Hi Mae,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please help me to change my country name. I was creating my profile while VPN on and default country selected and now I can't change it. can you change this.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

Please confirm which country you are located in? The one you would like to have on your profile so that we can further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello! I have the same issue too. I can not change my country from Turkey to Ukraine..

Hi Anastacia,

Your country has been updated from Turkey to Ukraine. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Nina,

Today I made an account on Upwork, By mistake I select US country, but I am in Romania and I can`t create my profile. Please help me.

Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ciprian,

Your country has been updated to Romania. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I'm having trouble changing my country from Thailand to Belgium. Could you help out? Thanks so much! 

M.

Hi Margaux,

Your country has been changed from Thailand to Belgium. Please feel free to update your address. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I can't proceed without changing my country while creating profile.

please help me.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths