🐈
» Forums » Support » Updating Profile Information
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Thanks

ninjatechmonster
Community Member

I mistaken choose United State. Now I'm unable to change the country. I live in India. 

Please do the needful.

On top right corner click your image and go to profile settings and then contact info. 

There you will see a section of location you can change it to India. 

I change there. but it didn't reflect in here.

https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/introduce-yourself/

It is still showing United States. 

Hi Jagadeson,

I've just updated your country to India, feel free to add the rest of your address now. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

If you moved to a different country, you can change your location settings under Settings> Contact Info> Location.

Md Arafat

Hi,

I am unable to change to India. It is going go "create your profile" where
i cant the country. Can you please change my country on my behalf.

FYI, this is my first time creating the account with UPwork.

Because i can't chnage the country, i couldn't verify my phone number.

Regards,
jagadeson s.
frank28201
Community Member

Hi, I'm new and when creating an account, when filling the full address, I couldn't change the country. I'm in China

Hi Frank,

We've updated your country to China. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
tamsantoscanlas
Community Member

I cannot update my information in my upwork account. There's a lot of changes I need to add and remove. Also I cannot update my country in my profile. I am now in UAE.

Hi Tamara, 

It looks like your country has already been updated to UAE. Let us know if you're going through other issues with updating your profile. 

~ Avery
Upwork
hassannazeer82
Community Member

hi, 

my country at account sign up is locked at Pakistan. While i live in Italy and i use Italian number? Kindly help me work out for this ? 

Regards , Hassan

Hi Hassan, 

I changed your country from Pakistan to Italy. You should be able to update your address by going to your Contact Info page (Settings > Contact Info). 

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!

~ Avery
Upwork
sunandabizople
Community Member

Helllo

Can anyone knows how to change country when we Create profile. i wan to change US to India (city Ahmedabad and State Gujarat)

Thanks in Advance

Sunanda

Hi Sunanda,

I just changed your country, feel free to update the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ivyx
Community Member

Hello, 

I need to change my country from the United Kingdom to Australia, I am unable to do so and am unable to complete setting up my account as it won't accept my Australian phone number for verification.

Can I please get the country on my account changed to Australia?

Thanks in advance.

Ivy 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ivy, 

A member of the team will follow up with you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
seanmcp
Community Member

Hello,

I cannot change my country. I am in the US and the profile is stuck on France.

Thank you for your help

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sean, 

I've updated your country as requested. You should now be able to update your address on your Contact Info page (Settings > Contact Info).

~ Avery
Upwork
enesdotco
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm using VPN and connected from US. While trying to signing up on Upwork, the country is automatically set to US and I can't select my country which is Turkey. I tried to disconnect VPN and tried to connect from Turkey but still can't change the country which is set to US.

How can I change or reset this? 

Thanks in advance.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Enes, 

I have updated your country as requested. You should now be able to update your address by going to your Contact Info page. 

~ Avery
Upwork
kingstonsergey
Community Member

Hello, during registration i accidently choose USA  and i can`t register my account.

Can someone please help me and change country to Russia? 

Thank you.

I would suggest you to change your profile pic to pic of yourself and be sure your English is "fluent", because future verification may cause you an account suspension. Good luck!

Hi Sergey,

I was able to change your country of residence to Russia. Feel free to update the rest of the information on your profile.

Hello . I will start working in United States . At this moment my country is set as United States Virgin Islands

Please change my to normally United States

Andrei C wrote:
Hello . I will start working in United States . At this moment my country is set as United States Virgin Islands

Please change my to normally United States

But you are neither located in United States Virgin Islands  nor in the United States.

You need to set your location to where you currently are. Nowhere else.

Hi Andrei,

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your country of residence needs to be accurate and truthful.

US-only jobs are available only for freelancers who are physically located in the US and can verify it.

Let us know if you have any other questions, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
rubycornett
Community Member

I’m trying to create my profile, but I need to change my country so I can enter the correct phone number. My address is an American military address in Germany, but I have a German phone number. It won’t let me verify my account without a number sent via text. Please help
lomardam
Community Member

Hi everyone, 

Like the others who recently signed up on Upwork, I can't seem change my country from the Philippines (where I was previously working) to Switzerland where I currently reside. Could some of the moderators help me to make this modification? 

Many thanks in advance for your assistance, 

Mila 

Hi Ruby and Mila,

Your countries are updated, if further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
nigolai
Community Member

Hello, i opened my account a longtime ago when i was living in another country and i have moved back to my country. I have updated my address and i cant update my phone number since it is locked to the country code that i initially registered with. How can i rectify this as i am still being asked to update my address in order to submit a proposal.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kimutai,

Please confirm the country you`re currently located in and I will update it, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
kamenijc
Community Member

I am not currently in the US, and cannot change my location to Indonesia to receive verification code. I always get redirected to the complete profile page.

Hi Jean-Claude,

We've changed your country to Indonesia. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
leedsgal1969
Community Member

I am british born, reside in the middle east but entered designated country as USA.  How can I change the designated country and which country do I enter.

Hi Bernie, 

You will have to fill-in your address with the address where you are currently located, and staying to confirm with the Upwork Identity Policy. Could you please share the country in which you are currently located? 

~ Avery
Upwork
marilyn_ursal
Community Member

Hi Marilyn,

We've updated your country to the Philippines.You may now proceed with completing your profile and submit it for review, thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
aapak
Community Member

Hello,

Trying to complete my profile but my country is set to Turkey and cannot be changed manually, thus drop down menu doesn't allow me to enter my address properly — city of London doesn't show up. Please help?

Many thanks and best regards,

Ayca

--
Ayça
APAK COMMUNICATIONS LTD.
Corporate Communications and Event Management

London
Tel: +44 20 8144 3417
Fax: +44 20 8181 6026
Mobile: +44 797 960 6292
ayca@apakcommunications.co.uk

Hi Ayca, 

We've updated your country to U.K. you may now proceed with completing your profile and submit it for review. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths