🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Kajetan,

Your country has now been updated to Poland. Please add the rest of the information to show your complete address.

Change my country from US to Kenya
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Joyce,

I've updated your country to Kenya. Please proceed with completing your profile. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello there, I am also facing the same problem..

I am from India and by default it took USA as my country. 
I tried to change it through settings but it is simply redirecting me to the profile submission page.

Can you please help me with this?

Hi Rahul,

Our team will follow up with you with more information about your account. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi nina

I want to change my country from US to Peru. Can you help

Email is:**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi HK,

Your Country has been updated to Peru. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello I can't change country from Uk to Greece am currently staying

regards!

Hi Panagiotis, and Scout,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Your counties have been updated as requested. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Nina, I am having the same problem here - I need to change my country from Canada to United Kingdom. I would really appreciate your help. Thank you.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Huong,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Awesome, thank you very much!

Hello, 

I have just signed up but I am failing to get current country of residence accepted. I am in Gaborone, Botswana. Please help.

My full address is:

**Edited for community guidelines**

Kinldy assist with updating my location.

Hi Nyasha,

It looks like you successfully completed your address information and submitted your profile for the review. The review process takes 24 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you about your profile approval status. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I want to change the country of my account, I want to put Romania

Hi Alex,

Please, note that the location information on your account has to reflect your actual physical location. Could you please confirm your location? Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I'm in Romania

Alex, 

We'll go ahead and update the setting. If there are any further issues, the team will reach out to you directly with more information. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Could you change my country to Thailand please.

Hi Paul,

Your country has been updated to Thailand as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I recently signed up here. My location is set to US but I am from the Philippines. I need help to update my profile to proceed on the rest. Thank you! 

Hi John,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I want to update my country, I also don't know how help me, please.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rita,

Please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

My country is Palestine and my city is Gaza sorry for being late to reply

Hi Rita,

Your country has been updated to Palestine. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you

Can you please update my country info to Turkey thank you!

Hi Aycan, 

Your country has been updated to Turkey. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I am facing the same problem, How to go about it?

I have the same problem. I set up my profile in the US, but just had a German phone number, so I couldn't let it be verified. Now I am in Australia and have an Australian phone number, but cannot change my country and thus, can't finish my profile...

Thanks for help!

Christina

Hello Christina,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

Hi

I am having the same problem. I started setting up my account when I was living in China and now I am permanently in Brazil and cannot change it. 

I would appreciate the help. 

Hello Bibiana,

I just updated your country to Brazil. You can now proceed in completing your profile. You may read this article to help you build a 100% complete profile. Thank you!

Untitled

I need a way to contact upwork, and the 'click here for help' is not working, it just takes me to the bot.

I chose USA as my country, as I want to find clients there, but now I have to enter a phone number in the states, and an address, I live in Australia and can't change the country so I can set up my account.

Please help. I need to contact support.

Thanks

Hi Melina, 

Your country has been updated to Australia. Please note that misrepresenting location is violations of Upwork ToS that may result in an account hold. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi. I was creating my profile. For some reason I was not able to change my country from United States to India. Please Help. Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manthan,

Your country has been updated to India. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kiran001
Community Member

I need to change my country in the profile from korea to USA
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths