🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Country of residence
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

To change country:
Go to your Settings> Contact Info> Location to change your country.
To delete the account:
Go to your Settings > Contact Info > Click the "Close my account" link

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067588-Close-My-Account

Hi Max,

You may follow the instructions that Yeasir sent on how to update your country. If for any reason the system does not allow you to change it, please let us know by replying to this thread and by indicating the country where you are located. 

Did u actually read my issue, I cannot go to settings of my account because I cannot verify number because I don't have the number from the U.S. because I'm from another country and have not U.S. mobile number, also I don't have button delete an account in a screenshot.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hi Max,

Please confirm the country you`re currently located in and I will update it, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
lindagunawan
Community Member

Hi. I created my profile when I was in the US but I didn't finish it. I'm moving to Malaysia. Now I would like to finish my profile, however I cannot change the country. Could anyone please help me? Thanks.

Hi Linda,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
d_geydebreht
Community Member

I signed up for Upwork but did make a mistake with country and didn't finish my profile. My country is set to UK but I live in Russia. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

Hi Dany,

I just updated your country to Russia, feel free to update the rest of your address now. If further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sylvia1209
Community Member

I signed up for Upwork and mistakenly entered my location as US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country to India before submitting my profile for review?

Hi Sylvia,

Your country is now updated to India, feel free to update the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
nataliafekete
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue, can't change the country from Hungary to the UK.

Hi Natalia,

We have updated it from our end to the United Kingdom. Let us know if you need further assistance. We're here to help. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
raffikk
Community Member

Hi, I can't change my country. I selected UK, because I am in UK, but my phone number is from Czech republic, so it has +420 instead of UKs +44. Can you change it to Czech republic? Thank you

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Milan, 

The team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
karine-ndiaye
Community Member

I signed up when I was in Senegal and now I live in Réunion Island, France but I can't change it!

Hi Karine,

Your country has been updated from the United States to Réunion. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thanks!

jlsuwaratana
Community Member

Same issue with me, I need to change the country from United States to Thailand so I can finish my profile.

Hi Jonathan,

It is now updated to Thailand. Please update the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

Hello, I am having the same problem. I need to change or add Puerto Rico which is where I live. 

Thank you!

Ana

Hi Ana,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
benjaminlizardo
Community Member

Hi, I'm trying to change my country from United States to Puerto Rico sice PR is not in the states section and also cannot find my correct city from the list and am unable to finish my profile.

Hi Benjamin,

It now reflects Puerto Rico, please update the rest of the profile information. Thanks! 

e_janes
Community Member

I'm trying to create a profile but it won't let me choose an address outside of the US. Am I doing something wrong?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eric, 

Could you please confirm where you are currently located so that we can check if we can update your country for you? 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello Avery,

Please change the country from US to Philippines. I'm not able to proceed to profile creation as there is no option to do so. (Greyed-out)

Thanks! 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Norman,

Your country has been updated from the United States to the Philippines. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
e_janes
Community Member

Bangkok
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eric, 

I have updated your country as requested. You should now be able to update your address by going to your Contact Info page (Settings > Contact Info).

~ Avery
Upwork
pongcoder
Community Member

Hi!

My country of residence is actually Philippines but I am currently staying in Singapore.

Can you please help me in updating it to Philippines?

Thanks!

-Romm

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Romm,

Your country has been updated from Singapore to the Philippines. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
samiabzioui
Community Member

I am new to Upwork and the platform automatically suggest that my location is Morocco even though I live in the states. When I try to update it, the system says that I can't update my location unless I provide my W-9 form tax info. When I try to fill a W-9, the system automatically takes me back to fill a non-US W-8BEN form. 

I am a little bit confused and can't set up my profile.

Thanks for your help

Samia

Hi Samia,

Your country has been updated to the United States. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
fvillanueva89
Community Member

Hi, It happens the same to me,  the only problem is that I live in China now can you help me to change the country

Hi Fernando, 

The team will reach out to you directly with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Same for me, I can't complete my profile because I can't change country from United Kingdom to France.

mmquinlog
Community Member

Hi. I am trying to create my profile but I am unable to change the country from United States to Philippines.

pponso
Community Member

Hello,

I think, you can't change your location yourself, you will have to contact the Upwork support for the same...

I hope this helps!

All the best!

crayhernandez
Community Member

Hi Dihi,

I can confirm that your country has been successfully changed to reflect Algeria. Pease fill out the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you, the country changed.

JoanneP

Hi Dihi,

I can confirm that your country has already been updated to Algeria. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths