Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot change country

Highlighted
Denis P Member Since: Aug 25, 2018
1001 of 3,888

Thanks Amanda, Thanks Luisa,

I picked up a random US addres with hope I can change it on my profile page. That's why my addres is US.

But I got stuck :-)

Regards.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1002 of 3,888

Ultimately you lied. Let's not put too fine a point on it.

But rest assured, you're not the only one who lies about their location and then finds themselves caught in the lie.

Highlighted
1003 of 3,888

Hi Petra,

>> Ultimately you lied. Let's not put too fine a point on it.

That's your point. Not mine.

My point is to be able to change my country. Could you or somebody else please help me with that.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Louisa J Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
1004 of 3,888

Submit a ticket here: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1005 of 3,888

Hi Denis,

I've updated your country. Please continue completing your profile and make sure that you enter accurate information. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
1006 of 3,888

Thank you very much Joanne.

It would be nice if we put some info next to that first location field with explanation that the location is user's current location he/she lives and that user still will be able to search clients from other countries. It will decrease the number of posts like that raised on the forum.

Kind Regards.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
1007 of 3,888

@Denis P wrote:

Thank you very much Joanne.

It would be nice if we put some info next to that first location field with explanation that the location is user's current location he/she lives and that user still will be able to search clients from other countries. It will decrease the number of posts like that raised on the forum.

Kind Regards.

you can search in any country you want to, nothing prohibits that, except when a job posting is marked as US-only. 

Just a personal note: stay away from offering to move to the US, it is really not that simple, and most people hiring a freelancer will not be interested in sponsoring your move, they want to hire you on hourly basis, not full time. Also, never ever work on a tourist visa when in the US. I would remove that wording immediately, if I were you....

Highlighted
1008 of 3,888

Thanks for the advice Martina.

Highlighted
Riza Mariel C Member Since: Feb 27, 2019
1009 of 3,888

Hello team,

I'm new to Upwork and I'm trying to complete my personal details but the country is set to Singapore and I have no way to edit it. I was born in Philippines and never been to any country. I found out that the computer I was using has activated VPN. I have used different devices - Laptop, Desktop and Ipad but got no help in changing my country. Could you please edit the country and make it Philippines? I appreciate your help.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1010 of 3,888

Hi Riza,

I`ve just updated your country and you can fill out the rest of your address now, thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS