🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: How to Delete Account
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

I'm assuming this has to be fixed internally. Based on this forum, it seems like this is a common problem that gets addressed quickly. Hopefully someone will help us out soon. Good luck!

Hi Lori-Ann,

We've changed your country to Spain. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ltuscan2
Community Member

Thank you, Joanne! I'm on the Create your Profile page, but I still can't change my country from United States to Spain. The fields for Street and Country are grayed out. When I sign out and sign back in, I'm taken back to the same page and can't seem to navigate anywhere else.

Hi Lori-Ann,

I was able to look into your account and see the error you're getting even if your country was previously changed to Spain on our end. I've reached out to customer support for your account. One of our team members will contact you directly via email for your profile. Thank you for letting us look into this. 

~ Riri

Thank you, Riri. The problem has been fixed. 

ajinkya-chandrak
Community Member

I cannot change my country to India. It is showing US whereas I am in India.

Hi Ajinkya,

Your country is now updated and you can continue with your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jkurr
Community Member

I'm on the Create your Profile page, but I still can't change my country from United States to GERMANY.  This affects my phone # as well (I need to enter a German phone, but won't let me). Living in Germany. Thank you in advance!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joseph,

Your country has been updated to Germany. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
feranmi018
Community Member

Hi Pls I need a change of Location...My profile is bringing USA by default and am presently base in Nigeria......Pls can I receive a reply as soon as possible so that I can complete my profile..

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Feranmi, 

The team will reach out to you with more information about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
anusha_r_a
Community Member

Hi Team, 

I initially created my account when I was in India but havent submitted my profile. 

Now I moved to Canada and not able to edit the country. Can you help in changing country to Canada.

Regards,

Anusha.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anusha, 

The team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
kovachev90
Community Member

Hello I use to live in Ireland but now i'm back to my home country Bulgaria and i cannot update my country. I would like my country to be changed to Bulgaria instead of Ireland. Thank you!

Hi Atanas,

Your country is now updated, feel free to add the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
gusmxx
Community Member

Hello. I have the same problem. I used to live in Uruguay but now I live in Belgium and I cannot change the country of residence. Can someone help me solve this?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Agustin,

Your country is now updated as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
digitalnomads
Community Member

I accidentally choose the wrong country during Upwork Freelancer application. Now I cannot verify my phone number. Please advise.

It was set to United States, but my original country is Malaysia. Please advise how to change it. Thank you.

Hi there,

Your country is set to Malaysia but you will also need to update your name to your full legal name. If you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
brooke_palmer
Community Member

I have the same problem - I need to change my country, but I can't get anywhere except the 'create profile' page.  Please delete my account so I can start over.

Thanks,

Brooke

Hi Brooke, 

Our team should be able to update your country for you from our end. Let us know the country that you wish to update your account to so that our team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
brad_quinn
Community Member

Hello,

Could someone on the Upwork staff please update my country to China. In a few months when I move I will have to do it again. Why can't we do it ourselves? Legal reasons perhaps?

Thanks,

Brad

Hi Brad,

Your country is now updated thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ltindle
Community Member

Hello,
I am unable to finish creating my account as I put my location as the US (permanent address), but currently only have a UK phone number. Can my country be changed to the UK so I can complete the verification?

Thank you for yoru help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lisa,

We have updated it from our end to the United Kingdom. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
upworkjhun
Community Member

Hi, Im Creating new account then I mistaken to provide my address and I can't register it because I'm stuck in a phone verification from London. 

Hi Jhun,

Feel free to confirm your current location and our team will update your country. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you, Hope soon I can change or my location so that I can provide new phone verification from my original country.

Hi Jhun,

Please confirm your country and our team will update it, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Team,

I'm unable to change country. my location is Pakistan

Please update my location.

Hi Ahmer,

Your country is updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ayoubosama
Community Member

I want to change my country from Saudi Arabia to Egypt
What should I do??
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ayoub,

Your country has been updated to Egypt. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi! Can you please help me I can't change the country from USA to Macedonia in my application? I want to proceed with my application but I can't.

mudee222
Community Member

When i register the upwork i can't change the country. It always shows only US but I live in Srilanka. I want add my country as Srilanka. Please help me.

Hi Muditha,

I've had your country setting updates. You can continue with completing the rest of your profile.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I can not change my country neither. I would like to update my country from UK to Austria. Thank you in Advance! Best, Emre

Hi Mae, and Emre, 

The team will reach out to you directly with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
charlotte-herca
Community Member

Hi, I started my profile back in London, but I didn't complete it. Now I live in Miami and am willing to complete my profile, but I have changed my Country and my phone number, which I am not able to update in my profile (country is greyed out). To complete my profile I have to verify my cell phone nr. , which I don't have any longer. How do I update my number and country? My profile has never been approved because I have never completed it.
Thank you for your help.
Charlotte
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths