🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to Change country in profile addre...
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hello, same issue here i am unable to change my location to Cameroon, the default location was US. Please really need some help out with this to continue feeling my profile so i can submit.

Hi, my country is set to united states. I am in India. Please help me too.

Hi Aashima,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi

Can you update my country to India? It is mistakenly showing USA.

Thanks
Mahima

Hi Mahima,

As requested, your country has been updated to India. If you need further assistance, please let us know. We're here to help.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I selected USA as a country when I was signing up but would like to change that to Austria. It keeps prompting me to complete my profile, but I cannot do so because I can't verify a US phone number. How can I change that?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Per,

Your country has been updated to Austria. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Upwork,

I am unable to change my country . I am residing in India can you please update my country from USA to India. Thank you.

Regards,

Atmajit

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Atmajit,

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same isuue too, while ı was setting my profile ı entered country as uk but now ı need to change it but it seems to be stuck on uk, please help. 

Hi Berk,

Could you please confirm your current location and our team will update your country. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Im currently being in Turkey

Hi Berk,

~ Goran
Upwork

I selected by mistake US and now I can not complete my profile.
Can you change my country in Romania?
Thanks for attention.

Hi Taban,

Your country has been updated to Romania. You may now add the rest of your profile details. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I need to change my country to Turkey as i moved to there now.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ramy,

I shared your request with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, when I try to log in it asks me to fill in a form about myself and also for address in the US and I can't change the country. But I am currently located in Belarus.

Please help.

Hi Yuriy,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I have united states select as country where as I am in Pakistan. Whenever I go to bid on project it as me to verify first. How can I can country and verify my identity? Plesse help

I am unable to change my country from United States to Pakistan
Kindly help

Hello,

Please change my country from USA to Pakistan as I have moved there now. I can’t seem to do that myself as there is no viable option on the profile.

Hi Arooj,

I shared your request with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I mistakenly choose Germany as my country instead of Nigeria. Any help please
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muyideen,

Your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it.

Would you like us to update your country to Nigeria?

~ Bojan
Upwork
827be843
Community Member

Yes
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for following up, Muyideen.

Your country was updated as per your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I can't change my country from United States to Philippines..

Hi Juvy,

I've updated your country to Philippines. You may add the rest of your profile details and submit it for review. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
samar45
Community Member

Hey I've been facing the same problem, I'm living in the UAE now and my country is still set on the USA
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Samar,

Your country is updated as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

can you please tell me how I can Change country on my profile.

Thank you

Eleonora

Eleonora Krstulovic
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eleonora,

Please advise as to which country your account should reflect as your location and we'll update it from our end.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
l_skaf
Community Member

Hi,I am having the same issue as well. My deafult country is set for Canada but I want to change it to UAE where I am residing currently. 

Thanks, 

Lea

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Lea,

~ Goran
Upwork

I am currently filling my application for upwork while being stuck in India and can't change my country to US. Please help. Thank you

Hi Amritpal,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello. Could you please change my country to Turkey?

Hi Burak,

Your country has been updated to Turkey.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi

I want to change my country to India but I am not able to do that. Kindly look into issue and do the needful.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths