Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to Change Country

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
991 of 1,869

Susan S wrote:

Hello,
I am an US citizen, and authorized to work in the US. As a result, I have set my profile with the permanent address.

The location refers to where you are actually currently located (hence the term "locatation" rather than "citizenship") How would you hope to verify your location to be somewhere where you are not located?

If you live in SE Asia, that is what your profile has to reflect. So you need to change your location to the county where you actually are, then the issue with the phone number resolves itself.

Helena F Member Since: Aug 14, 2018
992 of 1,869

Hello

I'm new to UpWork, and I don't know if my account profile was approved or not. Am I able to be accepted for positions? How do I know if I was accepted?

Shahnam H Member Since: Aug 14, 2018
993 of 1,869

Welcome to Upwork. If you are able to submit proposals, it means you profile is accepted. Also, you should have received an email that your ID has been verified.

Helena F Member Since: Aug 14, 2018
994 of 1,869

Thank you! Helped me a lot.

Jennifer L Member Since: Apr 23, 2019
995 of 1,869

Hi. I need to change the country to South Korea in my profile but I couldn't do it manually. Please help. Thank you in advance.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
996 of 1,869

Hi Jennifer, 

The team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Jennifer L Member Since: Apr 23, 2019
997 of 1,869
Thank you
Vitalii K Member Since: Apr 27, 2019
998 of 1,869

Hi I cant finish creating account as freelancer as Country defined wrongly and I cannot enter correct mobile number for verification sms recieve. Please help. 

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
999 of 1,869

Hi Vitalii,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please advise as to which country your account should reflect as your location and we'll update it from our end?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Vitalii K Member Since: Apr 27, 2019
1000 of 1,869
Ukraine
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS