🐈
» Forums » Support » Change of country during account creation
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Paul,

Your country has been changed from UK to Australia. Let me know if there's anything else. 

~ Riri
rouge_k
Community Member

I started to create a new account when I was in UK. Now I have moved to UAE and trying to complete my profile but the country it keeps detecting is UK. I don't have a UK number anymore to even verify the account and I can't edit the location to UAE, it's not giving me an option. I tried to close my account but it's not showing me the option.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rouge,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
thiagovlima
Community Member

I can't continue with my profiling because of the mistake I made when I selected United States as my country even it is Brazil.
Need your kind help. Thanks Smiley Happy

Hi Thiago,

Please, go to your Settings> Contact Info> Location to change your country. 🙂 

Good Luck

Hi Thiago,

Your country has been updated from the United States to Brazil. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
andriipi
Community Member

Hi guys,

I just submitted my application for review but for some reason, it is Poland by default. I need to change to Ukraine, please. Many thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrii,

Your country has been updated to Ukraine. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
cmabel
Community Member

I'm trying to update my profile however I cannot verify my account with my number because I have a Malaysian number and I am only able to input a US address. Please advise.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Claire,

Are you currently located in Malaysia? Please confirm your location and our team will update it, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
agne-v
Community Member

I recently signed up for Upwork and I am creating my profile. By default, my country is selected as Albania. I want to update it to Portugal but I cannot do it, the field is grayed out. Should I just submit the application with Albania as my country? Can you please help me out?

re: " Should I just submit the application with Albania as my country? Can you please help me out?"

Please answer these questions:

1) What country were you in when you started creating your Upwork profile?

2) In what country do you actually live?

3) What country do you want to display as your place of residence on your Upwork profile?

Hi 🙂
I am living in Porto, Portugal. I was in Porto while creating my account, my computers clock was set up wrongly tho. I think this might have caused the problem. Thank you for your help!

Best,
Agne

re: "I am living in Porto, Portugal. I was in Porto while creating my account, my computers clock was set up wrongly tho. I think this might have caused the problem. Thank you for your help!"

Honestly, Agne:

I just don't think Upwork's back-end "automatic identify what country a person is in" algorithm or software works very well. I think most people who face this problem do so through no fault of their own, and Upwork knows this automated identifier doesn't work very well.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Agne,

We have updated it from our end to Portugal.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your location needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. 

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
krisynder
Community Member

Hi lovely people. I seem to be facing the same issue as a lot of the users here - my location is set to United Kingdom by default and I need to change it to Bulgaria. Please help 🙂

Could you please answer these questions:

1) What country were you in when you created your Upwork account?

2) What country do you live in now?

Hey Preston. Thanks for the immediate response. I was in Bulgaria when I tried to activate my account and I am still in Bulgaria.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kristina,

Your country has been updated to Bulgaria. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
andrea_tiller
Community Member

My country is set to Albania, when I need to change it to US.

Hi Andrea,

Please, go to your Settings> Contact Info> Location to change your country. Smiley Happy

Good Luck

Hi Andrea, 

I have now set your country to US as requested. You should be able to update your address when you go to your Contact Info page (Settings > Contact Info). 

~ Avery
Upwork
e_rubinstein
Community Member

Hi, how can i change country registration in Agency profille?

Hi Eugene,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there,

I am unable to change my country during profile creation also.
Is it possible to change my country from United Kingdom to New Zealand?

Many thanks.

Hi Sarah,

Your country has been updated to New Zealand. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
gaganso
Community Member

I recently tried to sign up, but put my country as US by mistake. Now while creating my profile I am not able to create and nor am I change my country to India. Please assist. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Gagan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Your country has been updated to India.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
rehans769
Community Member

Hi  Dear

I hope you are well.

I came to Bangladesh for office work a few days ago. But I did this work (upwork) from here. Then the Upwork send me an email and give me the current address and I did it, then my current location in Bangladesh. But now I'm coming back to my country (Germany). any problem? If I change my address? I gave you the news to know that you are the right person. I believe you will help me.

If you help me, I'll Grateful

Have an awesome day

Thanks & Regards

Abdulla

Hi Abdullah,

I checked and the team has already emailed you regarding your account. Please refer to the instructions shared on the email and feel free post any questions you may have on the ticket so the customer support agent can assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
renatastojanova
Community Member

Hi,

I need help updating the country on my profile. I believe I created the profile while abroad in Macedonia, however, I live in the United States.

Thanks!

-RS

Hi Renata, 

The team will reach out to you through an email support ticket with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
sionphoto
Community Member

Hello, I've signed onto Upwork and am in the process of filling in my application.

I'm in Thailand, but my location is already set to UK in the profile application. The UK listing is greyed out and cant be altered.

It says the next step is to verify my phone number - but I have a Thai phone number, not a UK one, so I won't be able to complete my application.

How do I change location before I've even finished my application?

Best Regards,

Sion Touhig.

Hi Sion,

Your country is now updated. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
chiltonnicole
Community Member

Good Day. I accidentally chose United Kingdom Instead of South Africa during sign up and now i cant complete my profile. Please help.

Hi Nicole,

~ Goran
Upwork
garimasurana
Community Member

Hi, 

I was making my account and now I am stuck because the default country was chosen as United States. 

I am based out of India can someone please help me change my country so that I can please complete my setup. 

Many thanks in advance for help. 

login id : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Regards,

Garima. 

Hi Garima,

~ Goran
Upwork

The same problem.
Please help change the country to Ukraine

Hi Olexander,

I'd like to confirm that your country has already been updated to Ukraine. You may now log in and complete filling in your address on file. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths