🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't change my country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
bach24
Community Member

Hey there, same problem here. Can you change my country from Us to France, please 🙂

Hi Bachar,

Your country has been updated to France. You may now complete your profile and submit it for review afterwards. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
das_neogi_sourav
Community Member

hey i cannot change the country during profile creation from USA to India.Can anyone help me out

Hi Sourav,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm not sure who exactly to message, but I'm stuck in the page where I'm finalizing my profile. It has my country selected as American Samoa by default and won't let me change my address to the U.S. I would really appreciate any help, thanks!

Hi Paige, 

Your account's country has not been updated to US. You should be able to update your address by visiting your Contact Info page in your Settings menu. Let me know if there's anything else our team can help you with.

~ Avery
Upwork
serah1
Community Member

How can I change my location
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Serah,

Please confirm the country you`re currently located in and our team will update your location from our end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Kenya -Nakuru
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Serah,

~ Goran
Upwork
kevingeo
Community Member

I signed up with the location 'United States.' I only have a Turkish phone so it will not allow me to change the country I am in to Turkey or change the +1 US phone code to +90 for Turkey. 

This is kind of basic so I'm surprised I cannot change the country. I'm sure many have this problem because this website is useful for people working remotely. 

Hi Kevin,

Please confirm the location you`re currently located in and our team will update it. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran. I'm living in Turkey.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for following up. We have updated it from our end to Turkey. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kevingeo
Community Member

Thank you sir!

vikhyatshetty
Community Member

My country needs to be set to Canada and not India.

Hi Vikhyat,

Your country has been updated to Canada. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
a_monich
Community Member

Hi!

I started creating my profile when I lived in UK and now when I am trying to complete my profile it asks me to add my UK phone number, which I don't have any more. How do I change my country to Ukraine while in the middle of creating my profile? 

Thanks! 

Anton 

Hi Anton,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey Goran!

I seem to have a similar problem here. While I'm trying to complete my profile, the country is locked to the US, even though I am physically residing in Ukraine now. Nor I can change my street address, city etc. Any assistance with that?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Hanna,

Your country is now updated to Ukraine, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
emeliesahlen
Community Member

Hi, I cannot change my country from UK to Ital. Any help?

Thanks

Emelie 

Hi Emelie,

I have updated your country as requested.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
elymacapili
Community Member

Hey guys, I'm a military dependent stationed in South Korea. I've recently signed up but I can't finish my application because I can't change my country code to South Korea (+82) 

Is it possible to work through this?

Hi Ely,

I checked and it looks like your address is still not updated to South Korea. Please update your address to your current location. If you need further help, please let us know, we're always here to help. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you for replying Joanne. I can't change the country, however. 

Hi Ely,

I apologise for the delay. Your country is now updated from the US to South Korea. Let me know if I can assist you further with anything. 

~ Avery
Upwork
sebasarriola1
Community Member

On ¨create your profile¨ section, in the address part, it does´t allow me to select a different country from the US. Please look at photo to see what I mean.

Hi Sebastian, 

Kindly confirm what country you wish to change your country to so that I can check this further for you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Thank you for your reply, currently I´m located in Guatemala. 

Hi Sebastian,

We've updated your country to Guatemala. You may now log in and complete your profile. Feel free to message us if there's anything else you need assistance with or if you have questions. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
barnardjoel
Community Member

Hello

I'm creating my profile on upwork and have inadvertantly put UK as my country.

I live in Spain and need to use by Spanish phone to verify my account.

I have no settings option I can use to change this.

Can somebody help?

Hi Joel, 

I have updated your Upwork account as requested. Please update your address by going to your Contact Info page (Settings > Contact Info). Let me know if I can assist you further with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks a lot.
a4eb7540
Community Member

I am trying to setup profile as freelancer but it doesnt let me change country. I am currently in india and that whats there in my basic profile as well. I dont know why USA is selected. Can this please be corrected as i have to submit my profile for review

Hi Ram,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that your country is already set to India. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
gucruz
Community Member

Hi,

When I configured my account, was configured the location in the US. I can´t change to Brazil, anyone could help me?

Regards.

Hi Gustavo,

We've updated your country to Brazil. You may now complete your profile and submit it for review. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
vallrade
Community Member

I've moved to England from Moldova, but I can't change the country in profile settings. Can someone help me with that please.

Hi Valentin,

We've updated your country to the UK. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths