🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Profile created whilst abroad, and now ca...
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
gom-os_ralp
Community Member

Hi,

Please advise how to change country from United States to Philippines while creating profile.

Thanks,

Ralp

Hi Ralp, 

The team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
hamza_saidj
Community Member

Hi, During the registration process on the site I got into trouble, I made a mistake choosing (USA) while my country is (Algeria) and now I can not change the name of the country from the list please help, thanks in advance.

Hi Hamza,

We've updated your country to Algeria. You may now complete your profile and submit it for review afterwards. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you very much for solving the problem! and thank you for your quick response😊
ogibey
Community Member

I am having the same problem can you change my country to Turkey from US

Hi Oguzhan,

We've updated your country to Turkey. You may now complete your profile and submit it for review afterwards. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ekaterina_95
Community Member

I have the same problem. While creating my profile I can't choose my country. This box is greyed out and Albania is chosen by default, but I live in Ukraine. What actions should I take to fix it?

Hi Ekaterina,

We've updated your country to Ukraine. Please update your address accordingly. Let me know if there's anything else.

~ Riri
sheyblanco
Community Member

Hi! I'm unable to complete my profile, I cannot change the country and it's in US as default. Please help change it to Philippines.

Thanks!

Michelle

Hi Michelle and James,

Your counties have been changed to Philippines and Australia respectively. Please update your address accordingly. Let me know if there's anything else.

~ Riri
jdurman
Community Member

Hi,

I created a profile whilst I was abroad (UK) and now I am residing in Australia. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

Thanks,
James

Hi James,

This is a technical issue. You need to contact Upwork support. To do this go to the link below:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

you will see a "Get Help" button at the bottom right of the page. Click on it, then type your problem, then click on "I still need help".  Now select the category "Profile" and then select "Edit Personal Information" from the drop-down list. Click on "Email now" button. and submit your issue.

You will get an email from Upwork support team. You can then continue with them and they will solve your problem.
Hope this helps.
Thanks
Sagar

Hi Sagar,

Thanks for the information, however after clicking the get help button, then typing my problem, I don't see the "I still need help link". I just see suggested posts, or the option to create another forum post.

Thanks

James

Sagar S wrote:

Hi James,

This is a technical issue. You need to contact Upwork support.

Nonsense.

Unapproved accounts can't change their country. It is not "a technical issue, it is by design. And unapproved accounts also cannot contact support.

James, I have flagged your post so a moderator can come along to help.

jdurman
Community Member

Hi Petra,

Thank you for the clarification and the assistance.

Cheers,

James

c7c8317f
Community Member

My freelancer profile is set to the U.K but im in Ghana. because of this i cant verify my number as it defaults to a UK country code.

Hi Raimah,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I have updated your country as requested. You should now be able to update your address by going to your settings page and updating your address in your Contact Info page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
teresaewart
Community Member

hello, i'm a newbie and trying to put in the correct address... it's so stuck in a loop that it's reverts to the UK. I live in France - but i'm english!!! I've looked for help but it seems the issue is manually resolved by one of the guru's... problem is I can't contact them to ask them to do it... this is the only forum i can get access to... Agggh, i don't want to have to start my profile all over... sorry guys, teresa

Hi Teresa,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I have updated your country as requested. You should now be able to update your address by going to your settings page and updating your address in your Contact Info page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
calvin_kariya
Community Member

I made a mistake on the location category in the very first begining of creating an account that I am now on the page where I am forced to enter an address based on my prior page of mistaken choice of location. (the page now I am in is where you enter your education background etc.)

Hi Calvin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please confirm which country you are located in, the one you would like to have on your profile so that we can further assist you, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, thank you for your reply.
It’s Japan that I would like to change.

Hi Calvin,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
deniscarson
Community Member

At the beginning of the registration I indicated another country instead of a valid one. Is it possible to delete an account at the registration stage and start over?

Denis C wrote:

Is it possible to delete an account at the registration stage and start over?

No.

Denis C wrote:

At the beginning of the registration I indicated another country instead of a valid one.

Why did you lie about your location (and your school?)

Now you have to hope a moderator sees this and changes the country for you. For that they have to know where you really are.

Hi Denis,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. Could you please confirm which country you are located in, the one you would like to have on your profile so that we can further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Russia

Hi Denis,

Your country has been updated to Russia. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
sarbear3606
Community Member

It will not let me update the Country on my profile. It defaulted to albania for some reason and when I hover over the coutry box, it has a red circle with a line through it. Please fix. 

Hi Sara,

Please advise as to which country your account should reflect as your location and we'll update it from our end.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

United States

Thank you for following up, Sara.

Your country has been updated to the United States. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

My profile not finished. My country is set to US but I now live in china. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zhou, 

A member of the team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
alexandra-leo
Community Member

Hey there, 

I need to change the country my acc is connected to. 

It is currently linked to the UK and I need to change it to Argentina. 

Thanks! 

Hi Alexandra, 

I have updated your country from the UK to Argentina. Please update your address by going to your Contact Info page (Settings > Contact Info) to ensure that you meet the Terms of Service guidelines of Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jaindivij21
Community Member

I moved back to india from usa and want to change my location in order to sign up on y account. how to do that, considering that i dont yet have access to settings option since i havent sin=gned up yet.

Hi Divij,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I have updated your country as requested. You should now be able to update your address by going to your settings page and updating your address in your Contact Info page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
oli_sumit
Community Member

I am unable to change the country of residence to India from United States in my profile creation.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths