Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cant change country

Highlighted
Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
1641 of 3,892

Hi Michelle and James,

Your counties have been changed to Philippines and Australia respectively. Please update your address accordingly. Let me know if there's anything else.

~ Riri
Highlighted
James D Member Since: May 25, 2019
1642 of 3,892

Hi,

I created a profile whilst I was abroad (UK) and now I am residing in Australia. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

Thanks,
James

Highlighted
Community Leader
Sagar S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
1643 of 3,892

Hi James,

This is a technical issue. You need to contact Upwork support. To do this go to the link below:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

you will see a "Get Help" button at the bottom right of the page. Click on it, then type your problem, then click on "I still need help".  Now select the category "Profile" and then select "Edit Personal Information" from the drop-down list. Click on "Email now" button. and submit your issue.

You will get an email from Upwork support team. You can then continue with them and they will solve your problem.
Hope this helps.
Thanks
Sagar

Highlighted
1644 of 3,892

Hi Sagar,

Thanks for the information, however after clicking the get help button, then typing my problem, I don't see the "I still need help link". I just see suggested posts, or the option to create another forum post.

Thanks

James

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1645 of 3,892

Sagar S wrote:

Hi James,

This is a technical issue. You need to contact Upwork support.

Nonsense.

Unapproved accounts can't change their country. It is not "a technical issue, it is by design. And unapproved accounts also cannot contact support.

James, I have flagged your post so a moderator can come along to help.

Highlighted
1646 of 3,892

Hi Petra,

Thank you for the clarification and the assistance.

Cheers,

James

Highlighted
Raimah A Member Since: May 26, 2019
1647 of 3,892

My freelancer profile is set to the U.K but im in Ghana. because of this i cant verify my number as it defaults to a UK country code.

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1648 of 3,892

Hi Raimah,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I have updated your country as requested. You should now be able to update your address by going to your settings page and updating your address in your Contact Info page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Teresa E Member Since: May 27, 2019
1649 of 3,892

hello, i'm a newbie and trying to put in the correct address... it's so stuck in a loop that it's reverts to the UK. I live in France - but i'm english!!! I've looked for help but it seems the issue is manually resolved by one of the guru's... problem is I can't contact them to ask them to do it... this is the only forum i can get access to... Agggh, i don't want to have to start my profile all over... sorry guys, teresa

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1650 of 3,892

Hi Teresa,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I have updated your country as requested. You should now be able to update your address by going to your settings page and updating your address in your Contact Info page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS