🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Sumit,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I have updated your country from the United States to India. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
gmmr
Community Member

Hi I have the same error. 

Choose my country badly
now I can not go back and correct.

Please help me.

Hi Gregorio,

I'd be happy to assist you. Can you please share the correct country so I can check this for you? Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
gmmr
Community Member

Hello. I accidentally set my country to the USA instead of Venezuela where I am currently located. How do I change this?

I was registering and I made that mistake.

Now I'm stuck on CREATE-PROFILE because this.

Hi Gregorio,

Your country has been updated to Venezuela as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
mrlouka
Community Member

I can not change my address from UK only the USA, any help please?

Don't you live in York?

(That actually is in the U.K.)

i have moved to NJ already.

re: "i have moved to NJ already."

Then you are up against the restrictions Upwork imposes on freelancers changing the country of residence listed on their profiles, and I think you're recourse is to work through a Customer Support ticket, or be helped by a Forum Moderator.

how can i do that, please?

Upwork -> Question Mark Icon -> Upwork Help Center -> Account -> Contact Upwork Customer Service : Get Help

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 8.54.59 PM.png

I have followed these steps... Thanks! 

Hi Louka,

Your address has been changed to NJ, USA. Please update the rest accordingly. Let me know if anything comes up.

~ Riri
melania_bvekerwa
Community Member

Hi my profie defaulted to Australia and want to change it to Papua New Guinea. Please help as i want to complete my profile.

Thanks

Hi Melania,

Your country has been changed to Papua New Guinea. Please update the rest of your address accordingly. Let me know if there's anything else. 

~ Riri

Thank you
alonzotyper
Community Member

Same problem here, I'd like to update it to Serbia.

Hi Alonzo, 

Your country has already been updated to Serbia. Kindly update your address in the Address section of your Contract Info page (Settings > Contact Info). 

~ Avery
Upwork
create_solve
Community Member

I want to change country to India. Kindly help.

Hi Create,

Your country is now updated, please keep in mind that your name needs to be your full legal name as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
uwczsd
Community Member

when creating my profile, the address section doesn't allow me to change the country, and by default it is United States. If I put any random address, then I was asked to provide an U.S. phone number for verification.

Upwork doesnot all anyone from China for regestration?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dustin,

We do allow users from China to sign up on Upwork, your country was updated to China. Feel free to update the rest of your address when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same here - I signed up a while ago and my location changed. I'm currently in Poland - if you could update it that'd be great.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tomasz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We have updated it from our end to Poland. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
evatvh
Community Member

Dear Sir,

I have recently set up my account in Malaysia. However, I am actually located and work in Singapore. I tried to change my country, but I couldn't.
I would like to request help from support team to change my country to Singapore.
Thank you.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Vui,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Thank you for your help.
I have log-on to my profile, noticed that the location shown as Limbang,
Singapore.

Could you help to remove 'Limbang'? Because Singapore doesn't have state.
The state, city and country are all the same i.e Singapore. The postcode is
correct and please remained at 542190.

Thank you very much.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Vui,

To edit your address please go to Settings > Contact Info > Location. Here you will be able to add your correct address and update your city as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
rotsefi
Community Member

How can I change my country during the profile creation?

It shows USA when infact I am from Israel.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Josef,

Your country has been updated to Israel. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
asmaliki
Community Member

I need to change my country location to Senegal.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anderson,

We have updated it from our end to Senegal. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
pamsal66
Community Member

Hello everybody, I was working in the US for a while when a friend signed me up. It was all okay until he forgot I didn't live in the country and set my address as the place I was staying in. Now I can't change the country and I can't even try to verify the account because it doesn't let me use my Mexican phone number. I really want to start using the app but I can't until I do that. Please help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pamela,

We have updated your Country from our end to Mexico. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
miller_ron
Community Member

I started to setup an account a few months ago when I was in the US. I am currently in Australia and would like to complete the profile. The problem is that "Country" cannot be changed because it is grayed out.

carlosgar22
Community Member

Good evening,

I'm having the same issue as I cannot change my country to Colombia. May I please get assistance on this matter?

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
olivergetz
Community Member

Hi.

I made my account in the US, but I now live in Norway and I don't have access to my US phone. As far as I can understand, I need to change my country to log in due to the phone extension but I also need to log in first to access the settings and change my country.

Can someone change my country of residence for me? Thank you!

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I have updated your country as requested. You should now be able to update your address by going to your settings page and updating your address in your Contact Info page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
kikrok
Community Member

I entered the wrong country of residence in the first place, now I'm stuck on the profile page I have to fill. I can't change the country (it's greyed), and of course I can't enter informations about the street I live in since I don"'t live in the country indicated. What should I do to go back to the beginning and change the country?

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths