Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wrong country while creating my profile

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2431 of 2,850

Hi Suleman,

Your country has been updated to India. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Suleman S Member Since: Feb 21, 2020
2432 of 2,850

Thanks Bojan, it worked.

Unfortunately now i keep getting emails for al new messages on this thread and its getting kind of spammy. Please delete my post as i am unable to doe the same from my dash. Or please mention a way as to i can stop recieving all the pinging from this thread on my mail.

Hope you can help out. Thank You

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2433 of 2,850

Hi Suleman,

You can unsubscribe from this thread at any time by going to your Community Profile > Settings > Subscriptions & Bookmarks. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Taban L Member Since: Apr 4, 2020
2434 of 2,850

same problem 

can you help me please?

Highlighted
Taban L Member Since: Apr 4, 2020
2435 of 2,850

the same problem

Highlighted
Julio N Member Since: Jan 3, 2018
2436 of 2,850

Hello, I was connected thru a customer proxy when I created my UpWork account and by mistake I let USA (auto selected) as country, I realize it cannot be changed during the profile creation, so I kindly request your help to set the right country (Venezuela) in order to move forward with my account configuration. Thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Julio

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2437 of 2,850

Julio:

This is the Community Forum, which is essentially a discussion board used by Upwork users.

It IS POSSIBLE that a Forum Moderator (who works for Upwork officially) will see your request and help you out with it.

But the official proper way for you to get help with this is to contact Upwork Customer Support and submit a help ticket, asking them humbly to help you correct your country location to the right country.

https://support.upwork.com/

Highlighted
Julio N Member Since: Jan 3, 2018
2438 of 2,850

Thanks for the prompt response Preston H, 

I did try to request help from support section but at the end it requests to select a channel where "Discuss with UpWork Community" seems to be the one which makes sense, so I assume it will take me to this forum.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2439 of 2,850

At this point, you may simply need to wait for a Moderator to read this thread and help you.

There is no direct way for you to make the change yourself.

Mahmoud K Member Since: Jun 14, 2019
2440 of 2,850
I have a similar issue too. When I signed up, my country was set to United states. Now, whenever I log into upwork, I am always at the Create profile Page and I can't do anything, because I need a us phone number. Can you please change it to israel?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS