🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Country stuck on Albania
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erwann,

Please advise as to which country your account should reflect as your location and we'll update it from our end.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
e_pa
Community Member

Hello! I can`t change the Country and therefore pass the varification. It is set - the USA, but I need - Russia. Please, help me. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eugene,

Your country has been updated from the United States to Russia. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ggleb
Community Member

I register when was be on VPN and autolocate chose USA country. Could you change country for me please(or reset to empty). Because USA isn't my country. And field read only, i can't change it and can't continue.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Hlib,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mahmoudkhalifa00
Community Member

When I signed up to upwork on my email, it set my country to the united states. However, I want to change that to Israel.

Hi Mahmoud,

We've looked into your account and saw that you were already able to change. Let me know if there's anything else. 

~ Riri
jatinghaitilak
Community Member

Please change my country to India

Hi Jatin,

~ Riri
markanday27
Community Member

I started creating profile while i was in UK, therefore my country in profile is refecting as UK . Now I have moved back to india  but still the country shows as UK and am unable to modify it. Need help !

Hi Nidhi,

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks much for quick help  🙂

jennyandgerald
Community Member

Hello, I try to register but the location is defaulted to be USA, requiring me to have a local phone number to verify my identity. The fact is, I am currently in China, and cannot have a usa phone number. Could you help me out? How can I get my location right to complete my registration? Thanks!

Hi Jenny,

Your country is now updated. You will also need to update your image and upload one from yourself, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

My profile is stuck on the US, but I'm in the UK.

Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Rehana.

We have updated it from our end to the United Kingdom. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
debasishb
Community Member

Hi,

My Country is also stuck to USA , can you please update this to India ?

Thanks,

Deb

Hi Deb,

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran for such quick turnaround !

Hi, I can't change my country, it stucks at USA. I would like to change it to Pakistan.

Thank you!

Hi A A,

~ Goran
Upwork
8d7b2ecd
Community Member

Hey Bojan.

I am also stuck in Uk while my location is Pakistan. Kindly help me out in this

Best Regards

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Syed Sarim,

Your country has been updated to Pakistan. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
theodoramartin
Community Member

Hi Upwork, 

I'm trying to create a new profile and it keeps getting stuck on Albania even though I live in the United States. I also notice this is a recurring issue with other customers as well. 

Is there anything you can do to help me out? 

All best,

Thedoora

Hi Theodora, 

I apologise for the delay. I have updated your country from Albania to the United States. You should now be able to update your address on your Contact Info page (Settings > Contact Info).

~ Avery
Upwork
ba57
Community Member

Hi Petra,

My question has got nothing to do with the thread. It won't allow me to message you so I thought I'll ask it on your latest post.

Q - I chose the wrong country while creating the profile. How can I change that now?

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi A B,

Please let us know into which country would you like us to change your account and we'll be able to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ba57
Community Member

Hi Aleksandar,

My resident country is India.

ba57
Community Member

Hi Aleksandar,

I don't mean to hurry. Is it done?

sarabedri
Community Member

Hello I would like to change my Location from United Kingdom to United Arab Emirates 

Hi Sara,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Our team will follow up with you with more information about your account. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I've also started setting up my account while I was living in the UK, I've now moved to Australia and can't finalise my profile. Upwork, any chance you could change my country to Australia?

Thanks!

Hi Paulina,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I have updated your country as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Please update my country to thailand. Thank you

Hi,Aleksandar

is it resolved yet?

the country in "Create your profile" page i saw have not changed,please!

Hello Aleksander
Please help me too with this problem..
I am from India and my country is set to USA by default.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rahul, 

The team will follow up with you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery O,

is it resolved yet?

the country in "Create your profile" page i saw have not changed, please!

Hi Rahul,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your country. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them on your ticket, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello!

I'm creating my profile and I live in Portugal. However, country field in registering is grayed out and stuck in USA. Could you please change it withou losing all the information I spent 2 hours filling in the last pages of register?

Thank you very much!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths