🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: We were unable to authenticate your ID
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi,

I'm trying to get my profile verified but I can't change the country. I'm in the philippines.

Thanks

Hi Jeca,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address by going to  Settings > Contact Info > Location. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

What should I do?

Kindly change my country to Sri Lanka

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mareena

Your country has been updated to Sri Lanka. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I signed up when I was in the US but never set up a profile. I now live in Pakistatn and when I login, I only have the option to set up my profile and cannot change my location. Therefore, it keeps asking me for a US phone number which I don't have so I am stuck. I need a US number to verify so I can get out the set up phase to change my country but I cannot verify my account unless I change my country.

Hi Khurram,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Carlos,

Address has been changed to Venezuela. 

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I am in Warsaw, Poland. I cannot add my address to create a new profile. There is not option to change the country from the United States of America to Poland. Please advise.

Hi Mitchell,

I've just updated your country to Poland, feel free to update the rest of your address now. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I need to change the country to the US,

Hello Daniel,

I just changed your country to US. Please update your address details. If you have more concerns, feel free to post it here. Thanks!

Untitled

Hi there,

Could I please have my location changed to the UK?

Cheers

Hello Vladimir,

I just changed your country to UK. Kindly update your address information now. Thank you!

Untitled

Hello my friends my location is turkey now but I want to return to Estonia forever i want to change my location to estonia 
can you help me how can i change my location to estonia because i want to come back to estonia forever can you help me?
thanks

Hi Sobhan,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

can i change my address?
i see my location not changed

Hi Sobhan,

Yes you can update the rest of your address by going to Settings > Contact Info > Location. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I live in Argentina but Australia appears as my default country and can't change it. Help! 

Hi Alejandra,

We've updated your country to Argentina. Please, go ahead and complete the rest of your profile with information about yourself.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thnanks for your quick answear! 

nesacapresa
Community Member

Hello there, I'm having the same issue. The country in my profile edition is stocked in Sweden and I actually live in Venezuela. I can't proceed with the rest of the editing because of that, can you help me?

Hi Ines,

Country has been updated to Venezuela. You can now proceed in completing your profile. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hello, I couldn´t finish signing up because I wrote United States instead of Mexico, as my location.

Could you please help assigning me México as my country?

Thanks

Hello George,

I just changed your country from US to Mexico. If you have more concern, please post it here so we can help out. Thank you!

Untitled

Thanks a lot

carolinekim95
Community Member

I accidentally clicked on USA for my country of residence instead of the UK. Now I cannot verify my account because I have a UK phone number. 

Hello Caroline,

I just changed your country from US to UK. If you have more concerns, feel free to post it here. Thank you!

Untitled
natalie-1
Community Member

Hi, I would like to change my country to Argentina, but the field is blocked. Can anyone help me, please?

Hi Natalia,

Our team just updated your country, feel free to update the rest of your address. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I need the same exact help, I need to change my country of residence to Costa Rica. Can you please help?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Monica,

Your country has been updated from the United States to Costa Rica. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hmm... This really should be easier to do... even if Upwork doesn't want freelancers to be able to change the country of residence indicated on their profile change on their own... At least make it clear how to ask for help doing so.

Provide a standard button or something that can be clicked to kick off a change-country-of-residence process.

Maybe providing that would make it even more likely that freelancers' profile information will be accurate.

Especially if said easy-to-use button would trigger a process that requires authentication of he country of residence through an Upwork employee.

mongzlz
Community Member

Thank you, Bojan! 🙂

Hello, I am Currently living in Bangladesh . While trying to change the country of residence I found it blocked.Is there any other way I can change it?

Hi Mehnaz,

Your country has been updated to Bangladesh. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I’m trying to create account, but it automatically set the country USA, I can’t change it to Russia, because it is blocked, help me to change it please.

Hi Max, 

I've updated your country to Russia. Also, please make sure to upload a profile photo that clearly shows your face. Please check out this help article for more information. Let us know if you need any assistance or have questions. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I cannot change my country of residence. Could please update it to France so that I can complete my profile? Many thanks!

Hi Viktoria,

I can confirm that your country has been successfully changed to reflect France.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths