🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't change my country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Bruno Vinicius,

Your country has been updated to Brazil. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
antisense
Community Member

Hi, I cannot change my location country. I created the account when I was in Saudi Arabia, but now I am in Canada and it keeps on showing Saudi Arabia with no option to change. Please help.

Hi Salman,

I've updated the country setting on your account. Please, complete the rest of the information on your account and submit it for a review once you're ready. 

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
js746342
Community Member

Hello, I'm trying to sign-up and verify my phone number. However I am unable to change the country code of my phone number. The only number I have access to at the moment is an Israeli number. Please advise how to proceed.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jacob,

Your country has been updated to Israel. Feel free to update your profile with the rest of the information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
victoriavk
Community Member

Hi,

Everytime I log in, I need to verify my account. I am stuck on setting up my profile page. But the country information is wrong and I can't change it. I also can't enter a phone number of a country where I don't have a phone number from.

How can I change my country to Germany?

Hi Victoria,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address and complete your profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
thehaytonproject
Community Member

Hello,

I need to change the location associated with my account. It's currently set to United Kingdom but it should be Spain. However, each time I try to edit my account it redirects me to the "Your Profile" form. I can't progress past this because I need to verify my telephone number, which is a Spanish number and should be prefixed with +34, but the input box has a +44 prefix locked in.

Please help.

Kind regards

Phil

Hi Philip,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I need to change my country from US to Canada
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kairat,

Your country has been updated to Canada. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
athar_r
Community Member

Hey guys ,How can i change my location, currently i am running my account from Pakistan but my location on my profile is fixed to USA, can anybody please tell me how to get rid of this problem?

anarosa04
Community Member

Hi, I'm trying to create my account but it got "Mexico" as my default country and won't let me change it, I'm living in the US and I can't finish my profile process because of that

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi R and Ana Rosa,

We have updated your Countries as requested. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profiles.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
hamna-meraj
Community Member

I am new to upwork and I mistakenly set my location to US but can't submit my proposal. Can someone guide me through. Or can someone just delete my account.

Thanks

Hi Hamna,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Would you like us to close your account or change your location? If you would like us to change your location, please state the name of the country.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I would like to change my location to Pakistan.

Hi Hamna,

I have updated your country as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
zunaira_ashfaq
Community Member

I have the same problem, cannot change the country from US to Pakistan. Please help!

Hi Zunaira,

Your country has been updated from the United States to Pakistan. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
khan_sherwantk
Community Member

Hi, I'm in the process of completing my profile in the "introduce yourself" section.

The country entered is incorrect; it is set to UK. I want to update that and set it to 

United Arab Emirates as my current location.

Can anybody advise how I can change that. Thank you

Hi Tayyeb,

Your country is now updated, feel free to continue with your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bttjoseph
Community Member

Currently residing in Uganda, but failed to change country from United States to Uganda while filling in my profile. How can I do it please?
Thank you
bttjoseph

Hi Joseph,

~ Goran
Upwork
r_sarib
Community Member

I live in Pakistan but i can not change country in my "create profile" section. I want to change country from United States To Pakistan

Hi Rohaaan,

Your Country has been updated to Pakistan. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Riri
raashid_i
Community Member

I clicked United States when signing up because I wanted most of my work to come from there but I'm based in Canada. I didn't know that it would lock me in if it was the wrong choice.

Please help me set it to the correct location.

Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Raashid, 

I have updated your country from the US to Canada. If you need further help, let us know and our team will assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
70c8cb13
Community Member

Country is blocked into United States. I live in Austria

Hi Rainiero,

~ Goran
Upwork
gmenariya91
Community Member

also can't change my country. My country is India but it is set default to United States.

Hi Gautam,

I have updated your country as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Mods, please, PLEASE,  confirm that prior to updating countries for people you have thoroughly vetted the claim......

Hi Wendy,

We can't share specifics but rest assured we do check accounts before location information is updated and take action if there are any inconsistencies. Additionally, profiles are checked when they are completed and submitted for review.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks, Valeria.

Aleksandar D wrote:

Hi Gautam,

Thank you.

Just FYI, Aleksander ... Anaheim is not in India.

Hi,

Trying to create an application, but for some reason country is set to Canada. I need to set it to Bulgaria.

Thanks,
Radoslav

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Radoslav,

Your Country is now updated to Bulgaria. Feel free to continue with your application. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
dianamihaelagh
Community Member

Hello. I signed up for Upwork while I was in USA, but I didn't finish my profile. My country is set to USA, but now I live to Romania.  How can I change it to Romania?

Didi

Can u true country change
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths