🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Kamran, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I signed up for Upwork while I was traveling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to the United Kingdom but I'm now Australia. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I have updated your country as requested. You should now be able to update your address by going to your settings page and updating your address in your Contact Info page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mtalu
Community Member

I have the same problem and need to change my country of residency from US to Turkey.  Can you please help.

thank you

I am here for the birth of my son in the Dominican Republic. I signed up here for a freelance account. I am trying to change my address from the Dominican Republic to the USA so I may submit my w9 tax form can someone please help me

Hi Randy,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I was creating an Upwork Profile but it doesn't allow me to change Country. Why?? Can someone help me?

I live in Italy but it's set on UK.

Hi Flavia,

I understand that you would like to have your country changed to Italy. To resolve this issue, please proceed with the phone verification that has been requested. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
mesyc
Community Member

Hi, My country says Philippines but I live in Australia and I cant seem to change my country from the contact info page.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Myka,

Looks like you were able to successfully update your Country to Australia. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm trying to create my freelancer profile, but it won't let me select the country I'm in. I live in Taiwan, but the country bar is permantly stuck in the UK. Without changing the country I can't verify my phone number because it's a Taiwan phone number, and so I can't send in my profile for approval.

Please help~

Hi Lily,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I have updated your country to Taiwan. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I recently signed up for Upwork and while submitting my application, my country is selected as Netherlands by default and I cannot change it to Nigeria because it is disabled for me to update. I want to update it to Nigeria before proceeding with my application. Can you please help me out?

Hi Smart,

Your country is now updated, and please keep in mind that your Upwork name needs to be your full legal name. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I have erroneously set uo my country as UK as I was working on a remote server located in Glasgow. My country is India.

Could you help me in getting it changed?

Many thanks.

AB

ba57
Community Member

Hello,

I have erroneously set uo my country as UK as I was working on a remote server located in Glasgow. My country is India.

Could you help me in getting it changed?

Many thanks.

AB

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi AB, 

The team will follow up with you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Same issue my country is stuck to the uk but i currently live in thailand.

Hi Charles,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I have updated your country as requested. You should now be able to update your address by going to your settings page and updating your address in your Contact Info page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Please change my country to Lithuania, can't verify account at the moment

Hi Simon,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same problem. Also can't verify my phone number because my phone's changed in the new country I'm in. 

Hi Ella,

In what country are you currently located in so that our team can update it? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi!

It's Nigeria.

Thanks!

Thank you for the confirmation Ella,

Your country is updated.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I have signed up when in my home country - Czech Republic - and I cannot change it now when trying to finish completing my profile. I live in the United Kingdom.  Thank you, Karin

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Karin, 

I have updated your country to United Kingdom as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Recently signed up in Upwork, Im currently living in London, United Kingdom. Is it possible to change my city and country? i have tried in setting but it doesnt work. Thanks

Hi Sam,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I can't verify my phone number as I have a Danish number.

Hi Kankanit,

Please confirm your current location and our team will update your country. Also, please keep in mind that presenting misleading information on your profile is a violation of our TOS. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I cannot complete my form because I was in london when I made the account. I've moved to Pakistan and want to list Pakistan in as my country. pls help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Faizzy. 

Your Country was updated to Pakistan. Feel free to proceed with updating your account information.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi!

I'm having a problem completing my registration on upwork because my country is set to US. Can you please help me change this to Philippines so I can verify my account through phone number? 

Thanks in advanced and more powers!

Best regards,

Christian Foster

Hi Christian,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Your Country was updated to the Philippines. Feel free to proceed with updating your account information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar
That was quick! Thanks for help! Nice work!

Hi,

I am also facing the similar problem I live in Pakistan and the country is selected to USA. So, I am unable to complete my profile.

I stay in Kenya but while creating the profile country is set to India and I am not able to change it to Kenya. Please help me change my country to Kenya.

Hi, I'm in the same situation: travelled from the U.S. back to Spain, and started creating my profile in the U.S. I need to finish my profile and my current location is Spain, but I cannot change it. Could you pls change it for me?

Hi Berta,

I have updated your country as requested.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths